Lasagna

Deb

my way, well one of my ways, I have a few.............

this is the healthy one

started by making a sauce - it's a fairly quick one. Ground turkey, onion, garlic, red pepper, carrots, zucchini, oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, crushed red pepper, cayenne, s&p
photo-69.jpg

into the MAK
photo-73.jpg

after the turkey is cooked & veggies soft add two cans of hand crushed tomatoes
photo-75.jpg

some of the ingredients
photo-72.jpg

I don't like most fat free products but the ricotta in the picture is good. It's made by a CT company and they don't add a bunch of extra ingredients, it's milk, starter and salt. since it's non fat it's a little drier than whole milk ricotta but the flavor is good.

Cheese filling - I took a little more than 1/2 the qt of ricotta, egg beaters (an egg worth), salt, pepper, garlice, some milk to make it a creamier consistency, and a couple handfuls of chopped baby spinach

A layer of sauce, a layer of whole wheat lasagna, ricotta mix, a little part skim mozzarella (I only used ~ 1/3 lb total), the 2nd layer of ricotta had some shredded parmesan instead of mozz
photo-69-1.jpg

ready to bake
photo-77.jpg

ready to come out (it's starting to get dirty in there)
photo-70-1.jpg

dinner
photo-69-1-1.jpg

sparky

man that looks good. i wish i had a plate of that w/ some milk. the sauce is really nice. no french bread? got to have french bread deb.

CarterQ

Looks wonderful Deb, your right those Cento tomatoes are really good, we use them all the time and it is amazing the difference they make.

Top Bottom