How many of you use foil to keep your smoker clean?

Bear

I used to foil the drip tray (drawer) in the bottom of my Memphis Pro, but I decided it was easier to clean it than to foil it.

No foil for me anywhere now. I'm saving it to wrap my head in to keep the aliens from taking over....

sparky

i do. i put five layers on my lil tex. when one gets dirty, off it comes. it's got to get real dirty though. i see alot of pictures that most ppl don't cover there drip pans. how do you know if the smoke is coming from the pellets and not the drip pan? specially when i get my new grill (67 bug for sale) i will have too. i am a scooter fan. a clean grill is a happy grill. foil is cheap at costco.

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

yep I clean my smoker after every use also foil the drip tray every smoke also vac.out the fire pot and under the tray every smoke its just for me easer to keep clean if you clean it after each use I also foil the bottom of my smoker it makes it simple to clean the dust

Big Poppa

Administrator
i dont foil my MAK I foil the drip tray below on the memphis. SParky 5 layers of foil can affect your temps...

Pete

I foiled my Memphis Pro last week but my pork shoulder didn't really drip! The previous 5-6 months were foil-free.

CarterQ

Foiled the MAK once and I didn't like the way it affected heat flow with the flame zone cover off. After a long cook or a cook with sauce I crank it up high, burn everything off and when cool hit the drip pan with a putty knife and welding brush. I can get clean in the time it would take to remove the foil and refoil.

Last edited:

SmokinMAK

I tried the foil when I started with the MAK, but have gone to the darkside. I think if I was doing a cook where I was going to have a lot of sauce drip through (terriaki or such) I might foil but other wise I let it get messy and burn it off. I use a grill brush with a scraper and it seems to work fine.

Bear

I started out foiling the tray in the bottom of my Memphis, but most of the time it would get a tear in it, and stuff would end up under it anyway, so I quit.

Now, I just wash it with a water hose after I scrape everything down to it.

CarterQ

The drip pans on the MAK are kind of like a cast iron skillet, the more seasoned they get the easier it is to clean them.

Top Bottom