MAK One Star Initial Impressions

Big Poppa

Administrator
Here is sort of rating my first cook on the new MAK One Star. Serial #0001. (Thanks again!)

It comes assembled. WOW. Ok you have to put the casters on. WHile missing mnay of the neat features of the MAK Two Star like side shelves, Warming drawer, quick change pellet door, the direct flame zone...it retains the fabulous flexibility of the Pellet Boss controller.

The first cooking observation is that this thing puts out noticeably more smoke at the lower temps. The back yard was like some mermaid was wafting around with my favorite smell...smoking pellets.

I put the steaks on at 250 and pulled them at 130 and rested while I pegged the controller for a reverse sear. It hit 500 and I was very very happy. The pluses of the One Star is that it produces more smoke and it gets hotter. The knock on pellet grills is that for some it does not put enough smoke on the meat...The one Star does not have this problem.

I used the stock grill grates and I think they work wonderful in this unit.

I believe that this is a very very solid product...Great Job Bob!

Most companies entry level isn't this thought out.

Bob says that they are able to put out more smoke because of no warming drawer to feed...the can turn down the amount of air....more smoke.

I am going to give it a try at the next comp in Buckeye Arizona and cook our comp chicken on this bad boy

Check the cook in the gallery below

MAK DADDY

Thanks for the feedback, I knew you would like it :)
I have a feeling this will be a very popular grill for those getting started as well as for toting it around.

Big Poppa

Administrator
They have to order them...These questions are probably better to be direct between MAK and you Spark!

TTNuge

Really seems like a home run. If you look at it, the 1 Star can't be beat for it's price. But then again for an additional $500+ for the 2 Star you can't go wrong that way either. It's like whatever you choose you got a winner either way. I wish I could justify another pellet grill but I just don't have the need right now. I guess I need to start competing so I have an excuse for more toys.... I mean tools.

sparky

the 1 star isn't that much smaller than the 2 star. 2" in height doesn't seem that much either. i might have found my next grill. got 2 ppl coming over tonight to look at Dorothy (67 bug). you got more 1 stars at your store bp? it looks like a great grill. bob, you put out a fantastic product. and made in the usa (west coast rules).

Top Bottom