First cook test drive MAK One Star General

Big Poppa

Administrator
Bought some Costco Prime Ribeyes anbd New Yorks...THe rib eyes were a little over 1 inch and the NY's were almost two inches. THe MAK having multiple probes along with using the reverse sear it was a snap to get them to come out the same.

Preheated the one star to 250

Coated with Annies Garlic Olive Oil..Big Poppa's Double Secret Steak Rub.
Put the steaks on the One Star and turned them at 110 and pulled them at 130

Jacked up to high.....
P1000077.jpg

turned at 2 minutes
P1000079.jpg

Let it rest
P1000082.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
IN thinking about last nights cook..I have cooked on just about all of the pellet grills out there. I know that this ia aslightly smaller grill with out some features but I think it puts out the most smoke that I have seen and tasted. I also believe since it is a smaller cooking chamber and does not have to feed the warming drawer it is able to use less fan thus creating more smoke but I also believe that less fan means less dry air on the product in the cooking process.

Big Poppa

Administrator
look at the second page....I am going to have to reverse the order in which I post because nobody sees the second page!

sparky

"less fan means less dry heat on product". that's good right? i just like pellet grilling. don't know the science of it, just like the taste and ease of it. two guys from last night passed on Dorothy. one more guy coming sunday. everyone cross your fingers. sparky needs a 1 star. can i get a serial number 10 or below? want to get lower than scooter. lol.....

Last edited:

Eli Lawrence

So the Mak one star is slightly smaller , does not have the warming box and direct zone maybe smokes better , and gets hotter faster --- Are the advantages of the 2 star worth the extra money ( 800 plus ) --- How would you rate the advantages thanks Eli

Big Poppa

Administrator
They both have their place but when similarly equipped it is more like 500 difference and I think it's worth it for the warming drawer, stainless hood, larger size direct flame and quick change drawer....the one star is perfect for the smoker who can't quite swing the two star

Top Bottom