New Info on Flame Zone

So Cal Smoker

Myself and many others I'm sure are wondering if there is any new info concerning the new MAK 2 Star flame zone. Is it still in the testing stage, is it in production, what area of the zone has been the most challenging, how close is it to being on BPs store shelf. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

MAK DADDY

We are ready to start (on both models), should be a few weeks to finished product. Every part of this project has been very difficult, most of all air flow and heat distribution. We just couldn't sell it without it being as perfect as possible, a big thanks to all the testers and everyones patience.

So Cal Smoker

Thanks for the info Bob, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I know you and your crew have been working very hard towards perfection and when I have the "Flame Zone" in my MAK it will be perfect.

Thanks again
Bill

bigchrisxxxl

Even my model, which I think is 5 or 6 adjustments ago (with airflow issues) is a huge upgrade. I actually never cook with it covered. i had a full size rack cut down (shortened) in half at a metal shop. This allows me to cook indirect but with that more wood fired smell that you do not get when you cover the flame zone.

TentHunter

We just couldn't sell it without it being as perfect as possible, a big thanks to all the testers and everyones patience.

I have no doubt the quality will make it well worth being patient!

It's just my gums are getting sore from chomping at the bit! ;)

So Cal Smoker

Hey Jim, why would you use the old when you have the new? I was under the impression that the new Flame Zone took the place of the old hard ware and the big difference was you had a full flame zone rather than just 1/3 of a zone. Also you no longer had the large gap around the grease pan.

Bill

bigchrisxxxl

To me the full size flame zone makes this grill different from anything else on the market. I feel like it allows the grill to get hotter as well when being used for burgers etc.

jimsbarbecue

Just as Bigchrisxxxl pointed out it makes it different.And because of that I still use the original flame zone when using the MAK griddle. The original blank option pan I still use for certain cooks as I like having the gap with air flow around. But don't get me wrong. If you get a new MAK with the new style flame zone and blank pan. You are set. The more I use the new style (and make modifications) the more I like them and can see where most if not all our cooks will be on it. We do have two MAK grills so one will always have one style or the other. The full size flame zone for cooking a load of burgers,steaks etc is beyond cool. In fact this weekend I am doing a little more testing on it.

sparky

i use my full blank drip pan all the time. doesn't matter what i am cooking. i like it. my orignal 1/3 drip pan still looks brand new.

SmokinMAK

Personally, I have ditched my original equipment in favor of the new style. I don't do the type or volume of cooking that Jim does, strictly backyard/family cooking - and so far the new stuff rocks. I just finally took the flame zone off to use the blank pan (did Art's EZ Pastrami for Super Bowl), and I can tell you that flame zone is incredible. I've had nine 1/3 lb burger patties and 5 chicken breasts on it and still had plenty of room to maneuver.

I hope to do some ribs and pulled pork on the blank pan soon, and will provide feedback on that (and compare against previous iterations of the pans) when I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimsbarbecue

Jim, What kind of modificationsare you making?

Nothing interesting. I had been playing with drainage of the new flame zone using the blank pan insert. Which mods that worked for me I shared with MAK Daddy. This weekend cooked some good food, but no new changes that improved anything. Do have a few tweaks I want to try.

Top Bottom