What do you do to earn your "Q"?

SmokinMAK

Well, here I am in Oregon where after a couple weeks of wet, we get a couple back to back days of beautiful sunny fall weather. I hop on my bicycle and did a 20-mile tour of the West Salem hills. Orchards, Vineyards, fall colors, crisp clean air.
IMG00163-20101104-1018.jpg

Figured the only way to improve that is to follow it up with some Q - I earned it! Had the last of my leftover shredded beef with some provolone cheese and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Threw in some tortilla chips with my home-made chipotle-corn salsa (made with all MAK roasted veggies).
IMG_4167.jpg

How do I follow that up?

How do you earn your Q?

jmeitz

Well, here I am in Oregon where after a couple weeks of wet, we get a couple back to back days of beautiful sunny fall weather. I hop on my bicycle and did a 20-mile tour of the West Salem hills. Orchards, Vineyards, fall colors, crisp clean air.
IMG00163-20101104-1018.jpg

Figured the only way to improve that is to follow it up with some Q - I earned it! Had the last of my leftover shredded beef with some provolone cheese and Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Threw in some tortilla chips with my home-made chipotle-corn salsa (made with all MAK roasted veggies).
IMG_4167.jpg

How do I follow that up?

How do you earn your Q?

I earn my Q by going on a 3 hr mountain bike ride or 100 mile road ride. On a bicycle of course..

SmokinMAK

I earn my Q by going on a 3 hr mountain bike ride or 100 mile road ride. On a bicycle of course..

I would have LOVED to have done a Mountain Bike Ride today, but the road was calling. I might do 100 miles on flat, but today was hills, hills, and more hills. ;)

SmokinMAK

Is that from the chipotles we discussed in the other thread? How were they?

They are. I couldn't find ripe Japs, and really didn't want to do a 24-hours smoke, so I went to the Mexican grocery and bought a couple bags of chipotles.

I rehydrated about 10, making an adobo sauce with them. The salsa came out pretty good. Still tweaking the recipe a bit (do we ever stop), but overall very happy with the results. The wife has eaten more than I have so that tells me I'm close on the recipe!

The shredded beef I made last weekend called for a couple of japs. I think next time I might put in a few chipotles and let them rehydrate in the beer/drippings mixture - I made one sandwich with one of the chipotles added and it was incredible! The smoky flavor of the chipotles went very well with the smoky flavor in the beef.

Top Bottom