Bear

Bear

I've been smokin' hog meat for longer than I want to admit.

I've been using my Memphis Pro since April, and I am loving it!

Bear

OK, hear goes.

About 20 years ago, I was making my living raising hogs. I was raising purebred breeding stock, but you always have some culls that end up as butcher hogs. My family had an annual family reunion, and it was always my job to bring a hog and cook it for the party. One particular year, it was unseasonably hot, and I had about a 2 hr drive to get to the reunion. I was towing a big BBQ pit behind my truck, and not wanting to put this 230# whole hog out in the weather for the trip, I propped it up in the passenger seat of my truck, so it would at least be in the a/c.

I really wish I had a picture of me going down the interstate with this hog sitting in the seat next to me! It definitely didn't go unnoticed.

txpgapro

Welcome! How big a hog can you squeeze on that Memphis Pro? Post some pics. I usually use my stick burner for the hogs. I got all the hogs I want. Anyone need a hog?

Bear

All the hogs that I have ever cooked have been on stick burners. It's been several years since I cooked one. I didn't even know what a pellet cooker was back then. Not sure they even existed at that time.

Pete

Bear, welcome aboard! Great story, it reminds me of one from my days at the pharmacy...

This must have been around 1997-8. An elderly & senile woman with crooked lipstick pulls up, parks her car right in front of the back door, walks inside and hands me a prescription to fill. About 3 minutes later I'm finishing up the woman's prescription and someone walks through the back door and hollers out "Pete, you won't believe this, but someone is parked right in front of your back door and they have a fully dressed mannequin in the front seat, and it's wearing makeup!" At this point the elderly woman starts muttering under her breath "It's not a mannequin it's my sister" and runs out the front door. I sneak a peek out the back and sure enough it's a mannequin, done up 1940s style with a sun hat, white gloves pulled up to the elbow, crooked lipstick and so much rouge on the cheeks it looked like it had been shot.

Top Bottom