What's this new heat diffuser and flame zone?

Mr Hickory

Ok, been busy cooking/working/cooking/playing and haven't been around in a while. What's this new heat diffuser and full flame zone that has everybody worked up? some of the pictures look pretty slick.

Do I need to budget in for some upgrade parts? :):)

MAK DADDY

We think its pretty innovative :) The new design fits into the body cavity and eliminates the gap where grease could drip into the body of the grill allowing more cooking space. The flame zone pan covers virtually the entire surface with direct heat and the blank pan creates the all indirect cooking ability. We worked on this for over a year (more testing and protos than anything we have designed so far) to get it right, I know you guys will love it!
MSRP 299.99 for both the 1 Star and 2 Star models, should be available around the middle of March.

The 2012 2 Star comes with this configuration standard.

2 Star photos below, 1 Star is similar just a different size.

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9473.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

IMG_9452.jpg

bigchrisxxxl

Wow!!! This looks so different from the unit I tested. Only a company like MAK would put this much time into push the envelope in the BBQ world.

GA Que

Very nice, I'm looking to get my first pellet grill and the 2012 2 Star will be my first purchase. Any recommendations on which pellet brand to use? BBQR's Delight or Bear Mountain? Again Im new to all this and want to make sure I have the perfect set-up, thanks!

MAK DADDY

Very nice, I'm looking to get my first pellet grill and the 2012 2 Star will be my first purchase. Any recommendations on which pellet brand to use? BBQR's Delight or Bear Mountain? Again Im new to all this and want to make sure I have the perfect set-up, thanks!

Both Make a good pellet but you can't beat a team like BPS and Candy Sue!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thanks Mak daddy..

Kids I get asked all the time abou tdifferent pellet grills...MAK never stops forward innovation...either to the core cooker or really unique and usable accessories! Its going to be a great year for MAK

TentHunter

Two questions:

Does the 1 Star version also include a newly designed Heat Diffuser like we're seeing here, or does it use the original?
IMG_9452.jpg

Or better yet, Any pics of the 1 Star version? Hey, we've gotta keep you on your toes! ;)

Is there a way to cover 1/2 of the flame zone if desired?

MAK DADDY

Yes the 2 star kit comes with the heat diffuser shown above (well its not EXACTLY the same because of the offset mounts), the 1 Star uses its current difusser that already is centered and has holes in the top.

SmokyDork

We think its pretty innovative :) The new design fits into the body cavity and eliminates the gap where grease could drip into the body of the grill allowing more cooking space. The flame zone pan covers virtually the entire surface with direct heat and the blank pan creates the all indirect cooking ability. We worked on this for over a year (more testing and protos than anything we have designed so far) to get it right, I know you guys will love it!
MSRP 299.99 for both the 1 Star and 2 Star models, should be available around the middle of March.

Is there a list to get on to pre order this upgrade?

Patrick_CT

Wow!!! this is awesome. I think I will have to add it to the list as well. 300 is a lot but it seems to come with a lot of stainless. I am still amazed at the quality of everything MAK builds.

Patrick_CT

If we own the original 2star. What wuld be th reasons to upgrade to the new version? Is there a target type of cook that this benefits more? Need to jusify the money, i was going to get a marinate express :)

Top Bottom