How do allergies & diet restrictions affect how you BBQ?

TentHunter

Long story short: Because of allergies I hardly ever eat out, and I have to make almost everything from scratch. But that's ok. In fact its one of the things that got me to into BBQ & smoking!

Some BBQ related things I make from scratch: BBQ Sauce, Rubs, Sausage, Mayo, Marinades.

How do allergies, food restrictions or health concerns affect how you BBQ? What kinds of things do you make from scratch?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Being the perfect specimen that I am....cough cough.....I dont have any...But these days when cooking in California everyone is allergic to MSG and Gluten. My new rubs are both gluten and msg free...

Phrett Bender

I used to make all my sauces and rubs from scratch, but lately have been trying a variety of prepared ones. It's added a nice variety to my cooks and though I still have my favorites, discovering new things is really nice. Since my wife has seafood allergies that limits things, but I still do shrimp, scallops, walleye, etc when only cooking for myself or friends.

Deb

I have food allergies and have to be really careful. It's not the reason that I make everything from scratch but it certainly helps with the allergy management. I rarely eat out since it doesn't take much and cross contamination is also a concern.

I can't imagine being allergic to gluten.... I love my carbs....

Top Bottom