stuffed chicken breasts

cowgirl

This recipe belongs to a smoking friend named drholly.
I used some morels, wild rice, onions, garlic and herbs for the stuffing. Butterflied and flattened some chicken breasts, stuffed and then rolled them in bacon.

4944fa3e-1.jpg

I didn't realize I had so many chicken breasts thawed... way more than I needed. I stuffed them all anyway.

01204994-1.jpg

Cooked on the Memphis Pro at 350 until the bacon was crisp ( cause I like crispy bacon)

d56f6683-1.jpg

The wild rice, morel stuffed chicken, smooshed potatoes with morel gravy and steamed asparagus on the side.

d9ae98b6-1.jpg

They were really tasty and I have enough to last me for at least a week...
Thanks for looking!

Deb

wow!!! your a GREAT chef. i say deb wins this week too. two peet, two peet.

Sparky - I didn't cook that - Cowgirl did -she is the great chef.

No entry from me this week - I'm judging..... I get to hang back and have trouble deciding over all the great entries that will be posted.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Sparky. Deb is the judge this week. New rules. Read the posts!

Jeanie my wifemwants the gravy recipe!

cowgirl

lol What contest? I'm not a competition cook... just a country cook. :) I am behind on my reading here too...
BP, I used some of my canned chicken stock with a bit of the morel flavored water (from soaking the dried mushroosms).. then thickened with cornstarch and season with salt, pepper, parsley, sage and a bit of dry white wine. Add a few minced morels to the gravy too..... I have a bad habit of not measuring anything. I put a bit of this and a pinch of that to taste. Sorry I can't be more specific Mrs Ball!

Thanks everybody...

sparky

sorry. sometimes spark gets confessed. wouldn't be the first time. stroke survivor and all. stroke, seventies. who knows...lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom