Santa Anita Ca At the race track KCBS

Thom Emery

Anyone headed to Santa Anita?
Look us up we will be cooking our first stop on the Bulls Eye BBQ Sauce LA Tour

Meat Man

Good Luck Big Poppa Smokers and Matt from Left Coast Q, and all the other teams from Pellet Smoking site.

jimsbarbecue

We had a wonderful time and dinner with Big Poppa and the team and friends. Here is one photo, I will post more after work.

IMG0632-Edit-M.jpg

IMG0646-M.jpg

IMG0675-M.jpg

IMG0660-M.jpg

IMG0666-M.jpg

IMG0673-M.jpg

IMG0677-M.jpg

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
JIm I stole this for my fb...hope you dont mind...I would love it if you could email me 4 or 5 of the best ones for fb thanks!

Meat Man

Congrats to Matt at Left Coast Q on your RGC, so close. SYD and LMB are on a tare. Congradulations on 2 calls to BPS.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Great Job Matty....you are so close...

we changed all four recipes and all of the cookers....we are going to sort of go back to what we did and change one at a time...we are off to a slow start.

Funny WE came in just behind matty again on chick...but we got lucky it was beautiful but the flavors didnt come together...a gift.....on ribs we deserved what we got....on pork the lord giveth and taketh it was super good and probably better than 7th...brisket? We thought it was better than the previos weeks which got 7th....four judges really liked it...two didnt. ouch.

Great and fun comp and I can envision this becoming a very large comp...very cool.

jimsbarbecue

Santa Anita BBQ

As we left Friday, Patty said she was sad we weren't coming back on Saturday because it looked like it was going to be a great day with wonderful surroundings. Within 3 years I think it will fill fast or be invite only for the BBQ Teams. Honestly with this and the Vegas event 2012 may mark the year when competition BBQ went main stream out west. It made the news here in Los Angeles. Which a lot of times NASCAR doesn't make the news.

Matt Dalton

Thanks guys..we lost by one point but this field was better than usual..this was also an awesome venue like everyone else has said..like Jim and Sterling said I can also see this comp growing..the staff(2,500 people)at the track were great as well..no doubt we will be back!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thom anything that shows you actually doing something at a comp is good with me...hahaha nice article I saw it on FB!

HoDeDo

Luke there with his son, nice! His last album is in my BBQ playlist. Brody's! And the second pic with the look on your face... I'm sure that was cooked perfectly. Next one with Brad's face tells it all. Nicely done.

Top Bottom