MAK 829 smokes/bakes a pizza!

KyNola

Today for lunch I decided to bake a pizza on the MAK. Unlike you incredible bakers I buy my pizza crust at the the grocery. This one is Freschetta brand thin crust. The first pic shows the pizza crust with a coating of Big Moe's BBQ sauce. No tomato sauce on this pizza. Mozzarella cheese and some of NePaS's hot smoked pepperoni that I unabashedly took out of his cooler at MWSO II. ;D
DSCN0552.jpg

Next, a layer of Canadian Bacon.
DSCN0553.jpg

Next a layer of sliced smoked turkey boulder
DSCN0554.jpg

Some more Big Moe's
DSCN0555.jpg

More cheese
DSCN0556.jpg

And finally, a little more Big Moe's
DSCN0557.jpg

Into the MAK on "smoke" setting for 20 minutes and then 10 minutes at 425.
The finished product!
DSCN0558.jpg

This SO did not suck! Normally when I post something I make I try not to go overboard about how good it was but in this case I will make an exception. Without a doubt one of the best things to come off of any of my smokers in a long time. Jan nearly passed out! ;D

In the words of our good friend Mark, grab a plate and let's eat!

TentHunter

I'll have a slice or two please.

Unlike you incredible bakers I buy my pizza crust at the the grocery.

Hey, more often than not we just go down to our favorite local pizzeria and have them make us up some Take & Bake Pizzas. Folks who have never cooked pizza on a wood fired grill just don't know what they're missing. :)

scooter

Nice Larry!

You know, you can just go down to your ex-favorite pizza parlor and buy a fresh dough ball from them for a couple bucks ready to spin out into a pizza. Enough to do a couple larges usually. Its better than the cardboard crust they sell at the grocery store...just sayin!

Smoke Junkie

Just curious, if you smoked the pizza and removed it until the grill was at 425? Or did you leave the pie on the grill the whole time while it heated from smoke to 425? That thing looks good!

KyNola

Thanks SJ! I thought about removing the pizza and heating the grill up to 425 but decided to leave it in. Don't know if it would have made a difference either way.

Top Bottom