Contest! It just keeps getting better! Get free stuff enter!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok this thing has really gained moentum!

The pressures on to see iff we can keep the astoundingly creative pelloet cooking show rolling!

First prize $25 Store Credit To Big Poppa Smokers
Second Prize $15 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third Prize $10 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers

Everyone else who enters gets $5 bucks...

New rule

if you enter each week cooking the same thing like pork butts....ribs....you may not get your credit....show us some growth to get the dough!

TentHunter

Wow, I can't believe it's Friday already and time for another contest! I can't wait to see what everyone's got in store. If it's anything like the past few weeks, Susan's got a tough job cut out!

Susan

Come on all you newbies and lurkers. We know you're out there and we'd love to see what you've got cooking this weekend. Any questions? Good!

Deb

do we get extra credit for green food ;)

Kevin gets home for spring break tomorrow, maybe he'll make an appearance.

soupyjones

The wife wanted something a bit different so i went with a stuffed chicken. Got some bog standard boneless skinless breasts and gave them a whack or 2 with a frying pan.
870.jpg

Hit them with a bit of my home made experiment "Italian" rub
871.jpg

Next i stuffed them with some Goat cheese bacon and asparagus.
872.jpg

On to the Traeger we go with some mashed potato pie type product i made out of leftovers. Also threw on some more asparagus later in the cook
876.jpg

soupyjones

once it was all cooked up i gave it a bit of a rest.
879.jpg

Plated it all up
880.jpg

Not the prettiest of plates i have made but it tasted good. Thanks for looking and please be kind as this is my first contest. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to post pics before, so thanks for posting instructions for those of us who need the help.

TentHunter

Thanks for looking and please be kind as this is my first contest. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to post pics before, so thanks for posting instructions...

The post looks great. Be sure to post this in the Gallery section as well so we can comment! ;) Just copy your above post and paste it to a new thread in the gallery section.

Last edited:

Deb

St. Patricks Day cook…….. I started preparing for this cook a week & ½ ago……. A couple choice briskets into brine with some cure, salt, brown sugar, penzeys corned beef spice, a couple beers and some water
photo-77-1.jpg

8 days later
photo-78-2.jpg

today a Guinness, some beef broth, corned beef spice onion & some carrots into a foil pan, corned beef suspended over it on to the MAK for a little smoke
photo-79-3.jpg

photo-81-2.jpg

While that was getting happy I mixed up some dough for Brown Butter Irish Soda Bread (ingredients include brown butter, rosemary & black pepper) into the MAK, while that started baking I also mixed up some Chocolate Stout cupcakes (an entire bottle of Guinness)
Into the MAK for some baking (there is also some garlic roasting next to the bread for the potatoes)
photo-82-2.jpg

photo-83-2.jpg

photo-85-1.jpg

To be continued……….

Last edited:

Deb

continued
While they were baking the corned beef was hanging out in the warming drawer (now in the beer/broth bath), back into the MAK it goes, this is right before foiling
photo-79-4.jpg

Some cream cheese frosting made, dessert was ready, so we ate that before dinner
photo-87.jpg

Dinner – Corned beef, Roasted Carrots, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Brown Butter Irish Soda Bread
photo-80.jpg

Enjoy

Scallywag

Pulled Beef.. I know this has been done before but had to try it myself... the players.. !0 lbs of blade roast some EVOO BPDDSR and The Slabs beef rub

Injected and rest overnight in the fridge..

On to 180 smoke setting at 11:00 this morning..

4 hours later.. lookin good!

Chopped up one whole onion per pan.. some beef broth and a very generous splash of Merlot..

Scallywag

Tented and raised to 275 for 4 hours..

Pulled and rested.. cut up some fresh buns.. mine with Provalone, Mrs wanted Havarti with Jalepeno..Melted and toasted on high with some mixed veggies...

Oh.. and Happy St.Patty's Day! There is the green in my diet...

Thanks for looking!!

Top Bottom