Anyone else un-plug their MAK ?

HogSmoker

Here in ARkansas we have lots of thunderstorms. I have started unplugging my MAK after each use. I'm afraid maybe a electric surge from the storm might fry my MAK. Is this something I should be concerned about?

scooter

I pull off the cover and plug mine in on Saturday then clean, cover and unplug on Sunday. I live in CA so lightning storms are rare. I do it cause it's part of the ritual each weekend.

sparky

we do get thunder storms here. lots of lighting. thanks for the tip. i will start unplugging my maks during lighting storms. :cool:

Carter13

I store and cook on mine under our wrap around porch on the South side of our house.
I unplug after every use so I can rotate the Pelletboss against the wall and keep it out of the direct sun. No need for a cover.

Deb

I pull off the cover and plug mine in on Saturday then clean, cover and unplug on Sunday. I live in CA so lightning storms are rare. I do it cause it's part of the ritual each weekend.

Scooter - don't you eat during the week?

Big_Jake

Yeah I live in Cali as well but always keep my pellet smoker covered and unplugged.

Hobbit

I unplug when not using #402. Virginia gets some pretty bad t-storms with lots of lightning. What's not plugged in can't get blown out, blown up with a direct strike that's another story.

As a precaution I always unplug after all of my cooks. We get our share Tstorms here too! I dont know if anyone has talked about this or not, but how does a normal electrical surge affect a pellet grill?

AikenSmoker

I unplug but primarily because I have 2, 3, and 6 YOs and I almost always find the grill "on" when I go to use it. My Traeger BBQ300 has a decent control to me but the knob is right there in front.

MAK DADDY

We recommend you always unplug your grill when not using it. Not sure if electrical storms would hurt anything, never had a report of it happening. Either way we would get you up and running again regardless of how it happens :)

RickB

We recommend you always unplug your grill when not using it. Not sure if electrical storms would hurt anything, never had a report of it happening. Either way we would get you up and running again regardless of how it happens :)

Got my letter and sticker today

Top Bottom