Smoked Chuck Samosas

cowgirl

A friend sent some of his Indian inspired dry rub for me to try out.. the first thing that popped into my mind was to make some samosas.. I usually make these with ground beef but smoked chuck was nice for a change..

I smoked the chuck on the Memphis Pro until it reached an internal temp of 165...added onions and indian dry rub infused beef broth. Let it go until reaching almost 200 internal.

021-3-1.jpg

shredded the smoked chuck, minced the smoked onions and added a few minced green onions

032-6-1.jpg

I used egg roll skins, cut into thirds. Rolled "flag" style and sealed with a dab of water..

041-3-1.jpg

dipped in an egg wash, rolled in bread crumbs and fried til golden...

047-2.jpg

ACW3

What a fantastic looking (and I'd bet tasting) appetizer. I cooked a chuck roast recently and pulled it. I finished it with some of my brisket mop. The leftover pulled chuck was like shredded burn ends when reheated. Unfortunately, I am out, for now. I will try to duplicate this dish. What was different/special about the Indian Rub? Can you share the recipe?

Art

cowgirl

TentHunter, Thank you! I remembered the picture of your last chuck with onions on top....you inspired me! :)

Art, Thank you, your chuck burnt ends sound great! I will give that a try next time.
Jon didn't share his dry rub recipe but it was soooo tasty...
6e82e82e-1.jpg

I used it on a pork shoulder too..

Big Poppa, I have complete faith in your ability to do a first class job. :cool: You've already been so kind, you've introduced me to pellet smoking and I'm still enjoying those slinky guitar strings. Thanks Pal. :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
notice how she artfully danced around that subject...just gently set me down instead of smashing me! hahahah I am going to keep on it from time to time Jeanie it is just a show of respect and my ;uncontrollable desire to market great things.

Pete

That last photo of the samosas got me drooling! Wowzers. Excellent presentation and superb photography.

cowgirl

Big Poppa, your generosity blows me away. :cool: Thank you... :)

Pete, Thanks! The fillings are really endless.. smoked chicken or pork would be great I think. I've thought about getting a better camera but really know zip about photography. I use an old Kodak easy share. Thanks again Pete!

Top Bottom