New Mak Grill Gone Wild!

Smoke Junkie

So I go to fire up my one week old 2 star general tonight and nothin. Totally dead when I hit the switch. I checked that the outlet was working and changed the fuse. Tried again and nothing, but wait! It suddenly turned on but said it was cooling down. Then it said it was on smoke and igniting. Basically as I am watching it now it is mostly on smoke but then suddenly it thinks it is on cool down mode and so on. Sounds like my pellet boss has got major problems. Not that I am mad that my week old $2000 grill has problems, or anything like that.... It is too late to call Mak customer service tonight, but I will be calling first thing in the AM. I just needed to vent a bit.

TTNuge

No product is 100% trouble free 100% of the time. It's how it's handled that will set the truly first class companies apart. You will be taken care of, no doubts about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Junkie

I believe you are right from what I have heard. It least it held itself together long enough to get my dinner done. That makes me feel better. I know it will get fixed but it is still heartbreaking.

squirtthecat

Sounds like a loose connection on the pellet boss. It's rare, but it can happen if the cord accidentally gets tugged on. They'll get you up and going....

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey Smoke Junkie Did you buy it from us? If you did we are here for you and would have been last night too....

MAK DADDY

Sounds like a bad switch to me, thanks for the call we are sending a replacement today.
Sorry you had an issue, we strive to be perfect but sometimes things happen that are out of our control.
Just understand we are always here to help and we won't try to blame you (like did the grill get wet). I don't care if the grill was struck by lightining or you drenched it with you lawn sprinkler all night we will get you up and running again ASAP, that's our business!
Bob

TTNuge

Sounds like a bad switch to me, thanks for the call we are sending a replacement today.
Sorry you had an issue, we strive to be perfect but sometimes things happen that are out of our control.
Just understand we are always here to help and we won't try to blame you (like did the grill get wet). I don't care if the grill was struck by lightining or you drenched it with you lawn sprinkler all night we will get you up and running again ASAP, that's our business!
Bob

What if I drenched it with the lawn sprinkler WHILE it was getting struck by lightning? (I know, you'd still get it up and running again ASAP)

Smoke Junkie

Hey Bob. The service you guys gave me today WAS very nice. Thank you for attending to this. I do love the grill very much. Still feel it was the best purchase I have made in a long time. Just got my heart broken watching my new grill freak and so I freaked, but it shall be resolved.

Smoke Junkie

So I changed out my funky Pellet Boss for the new one sent to me by Mak. Problem resolved real easy. Broken one on its way to the factory to see what went wrong. I must admit I got very good customer service!

Top Bottom