Cmon you slackers! Enter the contest Pick my pockets

Big Poppa

Administrator
Think Elvis...Think Vegas...Thats where Poppa will be..you kids get to show me some more mastery of the pellet cooker!

Enter to win baby

First Prize $25.00 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second Prize $15.00 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third Prize $10..0 Store credit to Big Poppa Smokers

Everybody else gets $5 store credit just for entering!

RickB

Three Cheese Meatball sliders and twice fried fries

The players.
Some 75/25 beef and Italian sausage. Fresh parsley, scallions, red pepper flakes, Parmigano, mozzarella, fresh bread crumbs, two eggs, garlic and salt and pepper. Fold to combine.

IMG_1500.jpg

Roll into balls and put a cube of fresh mozzarella in to center of each meat ball. Into the fridge to set up.

IMG_1502.jpg

Let’s start on the fries. Peel and cut some russet potatoes into quarter inch fries. Soak in water for two hours. Fry in 325 degree oil for 5 minutes or until soft but not browned. Drain and cool.

IMG_1516.jpg

Ok let’s smoke some meatballs. One hour at 225

IMG_1504.jpg

Meatballs ready for some marinara sauce

IMG_1514.jpg

Bake the ciabatta rolls. Add some provolone, meatballs and back to the mak to melt.

IMG_1519.jpg

Crank the oil to 375 and fry the spuds till golden brown. Drain

IMG_1520.jpg

Enjoy!

IMG_1521.jpg

Last edited:

bflodan

Stuffed Chicken 2 ways and Smoked Parmesan Risotto Cakes

Started with a few chicken breasts.. Stuffed 3 with Provolone and Asparagus and seasoned up with evoo, Desert Gold and Little Louies with Pepper.. The other two where done Cordon Bleu style with Ham and Swiss, a little Panko and the same seasonings as the other..

IMG_5252.jpg

Started a Parmesan Risotto with the ingredients shown.

IMG_5244.jpg

Added the parm and then let it cool for a bit..

IMG_5249.jpg

Formed into cakes and dredged in panko..

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

Chicken went on the Mak on smoke for 30min then upped to 375... When the breasts hit 100 I added the cakes..

IMG_5258.jpg

Done and Plated

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Great dinner!! The Risotto cakes where the best part.. Another great MAK meal!!

Thanks

squirtthecat

Back Ribs & Brisket/Black Bean 'dip'

Picked up some meaty (and $$) loin back ribs at the store on Friday. Those should make some good game day eats - and plenty of leftovers.

The flavor. (just about a T of Sriracha in each rack)

IMGP8418.JPG

Into the 1 Star.

IMGP8422.JPG

Going to layer some pellets for flavor...

Hickory.

IMGP8429.JPG

Then charcoal to finish.

IMGP8432.JPG

Under the watchful eye..

IMGP8425.JPG

Starting at Noon, I ran at 200° for an hour, then bumped to 250°. Should be ready right in time for the KY game.

Now for an appetizer...

Mixed up a dip/concoction of sorts from the last of the brisket, chopped up. And then a can of black beans, a jar of salsa, some taco sauce, and healthy shakes of Cajun Power garlic sauce and green Tabasco. (and a snort of lime juice)

IMGP8433.JPG

Foiled tight and put in the Traeger to cruise along at 225°.

Ribs are coming along nicely. Gave them a few spritzes of cider vinegar and let them roll.

IMGP8437.JPG

--

5PM - and, we're done..

IMGP8456.JPG

The brisket/bean 'dip' turned into more of a Stew/Chili. It was still PDG. We used those Tostitos baked 'scoops' for dipping.

IMGP8470.JPG

I overcooked the ribs a bit. I think my MAK runs a little hotter with the new firmware. But they were still quite tasty!

IMGP8476.JPG

Last edited:

CarterQ

Pancetta pork tenderloin

Wanted a little pork tenderloin so I decided to see what it would be like wrapped in pancetta.

Started with the pork and hit it with some Desert Gold

4e1fd2a1.jpg

Wrapped with pancetta and tied

80b71396.jpg

Needed some veggies for a side

Sliced up zucchini and squash and threw in some baby portabellas. Made a marinade with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and salt and pepper and let it sit for a few hours

827b39bd.jpg

Pork onto the MAK running oak @275

514696bb.jpg

While the pork is getting some smoke skewer up the veggies

7c592a5a.jpg

When the pork hit about 130, crank the MAK up to 400 and moved over to the flame zone to finish off

cf6e5e62.jpg

Pulled the pork of at 145 and let rest

55fdc1db.jpg

While the pork is resting grilled up the veggies

52a9f260.jpg

Ready to go, served it all up with some Yukon gold mashed potatoes

0027dcae.jpg

10dfb8b7.jpg

This came out fantastic, the Desert gold and the pancetta went beautifully with the pork. Veggies were great and complimented the pork perfectly, all in all this is definitely a keeper.

scooter

Dinner: Brisket Chili and Corn Bread washed down with an Anchor Porter
Dessert: Caramel Apple Bread Pudding with Jack Daniels sauce and whipped cream

Start with a full packer cook on Friday for the chili cook on Saturday night. Rub it with worcestershire and Butchers Steak & Brisket rub. Nothing fancy.
IMG_8734.jpg

Time to foil! Nice color eh?
IMG_8738.jpg

Out of the pit and rested. Cube up the flat and make burnt ends out of the point. Separate the fat from the foil juices and pour all over the brisket chunks so the foil juice becomes the beginning flavoring of the chili.
IMG_8740.jpg

Start gathering the players into the pot
IMG_8745.jpg

Also, time to get the corn bread into the MAK as well.
IMG_8748.jpg

Looks done to me! Some non traditional party go'rs in the pot. It has to do with the diet we're on.
IMG_8751.jpg

Plate it with some buttered corn bread, chopped onions and a cold Porter on the side and it's go time folks! Go ahead and grab the spoon and get started! :)

IMG_8766.jpg

Last edited:

scooter

Continued

Another recipe out of the Mustards Grill cookbook
mustards.jpg

Caramel Apple Bread Pudding with Jack Daniels sauce and whipped cream

Gather the ingredients. Yes that's Brioche bread there. It's a rich, dense, eggy bread that's very well suited to make bread pudding. I bought it on Wednesday so it would be thirsty on Saturday to drink up the custard.
IMG_8743.jpg

Cube up the Brioche and slice up the apples
IMG_8770.jpg

Make the custard with real vanilla bean and pour over the Brioche cubes so they start soaking up all that vanilla custard goodness. Start carmelizing the apples
IMG_8776.jpg

A layer of the bread pudding on the bottom then a layer of the carmelized apples then another layer of the bread pudding then into the MAK for an hour until the custard is set and the tops of the bread get a little golden brown
IMG_8781.jpg

Drizzle the sauce all over, top with whipped cream and enjoy!

IMG_8788.jpg

Last edited:

soupyjones

Home alone!

The wife is not home today so I get to experiment a bit. the weather here is kind of cold and windy making me wish I was in Mexico. So lets make some tacos!
I think I have the stuff here to make a good salsa and a guacamole type of thing.
001-1.jpg

I was making a test ham before next weekend so on go my peppers, a head of garlic and an under ripe avocado.
006-1.jpg

Got the peppers off and peeled, chopped them and added a couple more things.
008.jpg

Got my shrimp peeled and gave them a really quick soak in a margarita and some cilantro
009.jpg

On they go with some bay scallops and my tortillas warming.
011.jpg

All plated up
012.jpg

One more money shot with my margarita on the rocks in the background.
014.jpg

Made for an awfully tasty lunch. Thanks for looking.

wneill20

A little Tang Brine Beer Can Chicken and Mac and Cheese.
The Team.
Team.jpg

In the Brine for 24 hours.
InTheBrine.jpg

Mac and Cheese Team
MacCheeseTeam.jpg

Ready for the smoker.
MacCheese.jpg

After 1 hour
smoker1-1.jpg

Almost there.
Smoker2-1.jpg

Chicken is done.
Done-2.jpg

My plate.
MyPlate-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Deb

Pizza!!!

On a pizza forum that I read they are working on reverse engineering a pizza from a restaurant in Brooklyn - L&B Spumoni Gardens Pizzaria. It is a sicilian style but it is a little different than most sicilian pizzas since the cheese goes under the sauce. I have been playing around with it a little. Last night I mixed up the dough, let it rise for an hour, into the fridge until today.

Here is the crust pressed out , some fresh mozz torn up and some sliced dry mozzarella, oregano, garlic and crushed red pepper
photo-93.jpg

Sauce (cento italian tomatoes drained and buzzed with handmixer) over the cheese, some vermont cure smoked pepperoni on 1/2 , romano over all and a little drizzle of olive oil
photo-92.jpg

Into the MAK preheated on high for about 20 minutes
photo-95.jpg

out
photo-94.jpg

slice served with salad
photo-96.jpg

and with a fat tire (little unplanned trip to Baltimore last weekend yielded one case FT:D)
photo-97.jpg

Enjoy

Scallywag

Caribbean Curry Chicken with butter fried Naan Bread.... Got some chicken thighs and some really tasty Caribbean Curry sauce..

Soaked in the fridge for 6 hours..

Hit with smoke for 30 mins and bumped to 372 till done

Oh my the smell of this!! Pulled the chicken to rest and fired to high.. brushed the bread with melted butter and some sweat heat..1 min per side...

Tatonka3A2

Pork Chops and Potatoes

Been a crazy busy weekend but we still managed to get in a cook in. Onto the Yoder.... pork chops and some veggies!!

Started out with the veggies. Got them all cut up and seasoned and into a pan for the Yoder.

Once the veggies had cooked for awhile I seasoned up the pork chops and got them ready.

On the Yoder...

Another great meal thanks to a pellet grill!!!

Last edited:

FLBentRider

I'm sure Vegas conjures up unique food memories for everyone. For me, it's buffets with prime rib, the Samba rodizio at the Mirage (if you've never been to a Brazilian BBQ you should go), Lawry's the prime rib and the Rosewood grille (closed).

without further adieu, the players

Rickb
Three Cheese Meatball sliders and twice fried fries

bflodan

Squirtthecat
Back Ribs & Brisket/Black Bean 'dip'

CarterQ
Pancetta pork tenderloin

smokerjoe
Cinnamon French Toast Bake

scooter
Dinner: Brisket Chili and Corn Bread washed down with an Anchor Porter
Dessert: Caramel Apple Bread Pudding with Jack Daniels sauce and whipped cream

wneill20
Tang Brine Beer Can Chicken and Mac and Cheese

Deb
Pizza

Scallywag
Caribbean Curry Chicken with butter fried Naan Bread

Tatonka3A2
Pork Chops and Potatoes

soupyjones
Tacos

What a great bunch of cooks this week.

Third place
Scallywag
Caribbean Curry Chicken with butter fried Naan Bread
I am so trying this.

Second place

bflodan
Those Risotto cakes looked great!

First place

soupyjones
Tacos
The shrimp and scallops had my mouth watering.

Thanks BP for hosting, another great week

soupyjones

Congrats to the other winners. everything looked really good guys that was a good week. Thanks for judging FLB and thanks for hosting BP.

Top Bottom