Beef Ribs and Corn on the Memphis Pro

cowgirl

I love beef ribs...so I went for a simple cracked black pepper and kosher salt seasoning. drizzled the corn with olive oil, seasoned and wrapped in bacon.

011-6-1.jpg

The bacon drippings baste the ribs...

017-1-1.jpg

I had to throw a brown sugar, cayenne, whiskey spam in there too..

029-3-1.jpg

025-5-1.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Looks Great what pit temp and how long did you cook them? How do you determine they are done? Sorry for all the questions, just want to limit my failed cooks.

TentHunter

Guess I need to make a trip to the butcher shop 'cause I haven't done beef ribs since July 4th and now you've got me wanting some.

Very nicely and simply done jeanie!

cowgirl

Thank you Bear and Pellethead!
CarterQ, that's a nice offer...thanks! :cool:
Jim, when I smoke the ribs alone I leave the temperature at 275 or so...
since I had the corn too, I smoked the ribs for 1 1/2 hours at 275, then raised the temperature to 295 when I put the corn in. I cook the ribs until I see at least one inch of pullback on the bone (that's how I like them). I cook the corn until the bacon is a bit crisp. On this cook the ribs took 4 hrs and 45 minutes. Hope this helps! :)

TentHunter, thanks! I score the spam let it smoke until it "blooms"... sprinkle with a mixture of brown sugar and cayenne, then spritz it with whiskey. It forms a nice bark.
This is the only way I eat spam. lol I didn't like it until I tried it smoked.

Thank you Deb!

sparky

thats a good idea. cowgirl cookbook. i want 2 for myself (personal msg and signed would be nice too), 3 for my kids, 2 for my sisters and 1 for my dad. thats 8 for me. what a great idea. you only have to sign the ones for me plz.

cowgirl

thats a good idea. cowgirl cookbook. i want 2 for myself (personal msg and signed would be nice too), 3 for my kids, 2 for my sisters and 1 for my dad. thats 8 for me. what a great idea. you only have to sign the ones for me plz.

Sparky...Thanks!! I appreciate it...you would definately have a signed copy with personal msg. :)
Can't get over how many kind people there are on this forum... really nice...

ACW3

Jeanie,
That meal looks fantastic! You have a real flair for putting together a great combination of food that not only looks good, but I am sure tastes good, too. Keep up the great work.

Art

Top Bottom