pellet smoker from Carmel Valley, CA

shelly

Hello everyone.

I was invited to join the forum by jimsbarbeque and have spent a few days browsing through many threads.

There's some great information and photos here.

I'm a former chef/restaurant owner in Carmel Valley, CA who grew most of the fruits and vegetables for it, used my own chicken and duck eggs as well and made everything from scratch.

For me, presentation is everything so I take care with my plating, thinking about it while food cooks. Flavor is easy for me but presentation takes more thought.

I've cooked every day for my wife for the past 30+ years and have been emailing her a photo of her dinner most nights just before serving it. She often posts them on her Facebook account so friends coming for dinner just email me the # of the food photo they want me to make for them. :)

I love my pellet grill that I use for hot and cold smoking (my home made cold smoker of several decades went up in flames recently but that's a story for another time) but still use my Weber gasser, Tec grill and big green egg.

Currently, I am an edible landscape consultant, teaching home owners how to integrate plants that produce food (fruits, vegetables, herbs and edible flowers) with other ornamental plants in their landscape.

I hope to continue to learn and to contribute to the forum.

View attachment 102

Shelly

jimsbarbecue

Welcome Shelly

It is said we eat with our eyes first. Welcome and thanks for bringing your skills. I for one needs help with plating skills, along with cooking etc etc.:cool:

scooter

I'm a former chef/restaurant owner in Carmel Valley, CA who grew most of the fruits and vegetables for it, used my own chicken and duck eggs as well and made everything from scratch.

For me, presentation is everything so I take care with my plating, thinking about it while food cooks.

Well that explains a lot! :) Welcome shelly!

Top Bottom