Italian Fattie

TentHunter

This was a fattie we cooked a couple weeks ago, but hadn't posted pics for yet.

I saw Bear's Mexican Fatty (Thanks Bear), liked the idea, so I decided to try an Italian Fattie!

CLOSEUP8x6.jpg

FATTIE9sm.jpg

Details on this are posted in the Recipes section (you'll find Bear's Mexican Fatty there as well). Don't forget to post your pics & recipes there for a chance to win $25 in Big Poppa bucks!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Pokey

That's beautiful! My first fatty worked out like that, but since then I've had problems with the cheese leaking out during the smoke. Is there a trick to keeping it locked in?

TentHunter

...I've had problems with the cheese leaking out during the smoke. Is there a trick to keeping it locked in?

Is it leaking out of the ends or out of the sides? If its leaking out of the sides then my guess is your meat patty is simply too thin.

If its leaking out of the ends then my guess is your filling is too close to the end and its not sealing. This happened to me once and boy what a mess it made! Be sure to leave room on the sides of the meat patty (no filling) so when you roll it up it can be sealed easier.

Take a look at the pics I have posted in the recipes section to see what I mean --> Italian Fattie cooked on Weber Kettle - Big Poppa Smokers

Pokey, sign up and post your cooks there too. Its a lot of fun & Big Poppa gives $25 to the top post of the month! We need more people to post their cooks and vote!

Top Bottom