Mak 2 not running

Tback

My MAK2 #702 has started blowing my ground faultbreakers tonight two of them in 1-2 seconds.Any idea what would make it start doing that. I have a big cook on Sunday!!!

Meat Man

BP posted a thread on how to un a MAK without the hot rod. I think wht you do is remove the cover over the fan. Unhook the hot rod from the controll board. Take a piece of paper towel and soak it in some cooking oil and place it in the fire pot. Add some pellets and light it. Then you can start up the grill. I'm sure if you do a search you can find the thread. Here it is.

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet...od-fried-you-can-still-cook-your-smoker-3586/

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

They have you in the proper direction. Do unplug the
Igniter. It is labeled . Then add some pellets and start with the paper towel method or a butane torch works good. I have been lazy and used mine for a week before changing the igniter . MAK Daddy has videos that show how to change it too.

MAK DADDY

yes you can manually light, just make sure you let the fire get going a few minutes before turning on the grill. After the lighting it will operate normally. Shoot me an email so we can get you out a replacement igniter right away.
[email protected]

Top Bottom