Question..

Scallywag

My Maverick probe has always been accurate.. Used the probe that came with my Mak on some chicken.. Mak probe read 154 and Maverick read 200 in the thickest part of the breast. Pulled the chicken and it was beyond done.. is the new Mak probe no good??

jimsbarbecue

Wish I could answer the probe issue. I do use a thermo pen. Then check with it vs the leave in probe I have in the food. I usually find the leave in temp probe read higher then the true temp. Make sure any probe is inserted at least one inch if possible.

MAK DADDY

The MAK probes are very accurate (within 2 degrees), did you have it plugged in ti the Pellet Boss or your Mavrick? If your probe is that far off something is not right, you can check in boiling water at 212 degrees. Let us know what you find, if its faulty we will send you a new one.

Scallywag

The MAK probes are very accurate (within 2 degrees), did you have it plugged in ti the Pellet Boss or your Mavrick? If your probe is that far off something is not right, you can check in boiling water at 212 degrees. Let us know what you find, if its faulty we will send you a new one.
It was plugged into the Pellet Boss... I will try the boiling water tonight when I get home. Thanks for the response...

Scallywag

Got the new probe.. works perfectly. I will send the old one back to you Bob. Thanks for the easy service and also for the Mak cookbook that just showed up!

Top Bottom