Another Contest! Whoop Whoop Waa Laa!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Enter to win!

First place $25.00 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second Place $15.00 Store credit to Big Poppa SMokers
Third Place $10.00 Store credit to Big Poppa Smokers

$5 store credit to everybody that enters....

Lets have some fun and make the neighbors jealous of the smells coming from your back yard!

soupyjones

Well I doubt this one is any razzle dazzle but it is one of my favorite things to eat. I really wanted a good steak all day on friday so I picked a couple up after work. Nothing fancy just a couple strips.
017.jpg

gave them my steak glue and some garlic and black pepper.
022.jpg

Cranked the Traeger to high and threw on my steaks and some spuds. Who says a Traeger won't smoke?
023.jpg

One more just before I took them off.
024.jpg

On the plate with some spuds and caesar salad. Like a fool I forgot mushrooms!

026.jpg

made for a perfect Friday night dinner. Thanks for looking guys.

RickB

London Broil on Fried Polenta Cakes with a Wild Mushroom Ragu

Let’s start with the polenta. We need 2 cups milk, 1 cup chicken stock and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and add 1 cup polenta. Cook till thick and add 2 tbps butter. Stir till blended. Pour into a 8X8 buttered pan and let cool till room temp and firm.

IMG_1762.jpg

Turn into a oiled sheet pan. Cut into 3 inch rounds with a biscuit cutter. Chill till firm.

IMG_1769.jpg

Rub a 2 inch thick London Broil with some BP ll/w pepper and Desert Gold. Into the fridge to rest

IMG_1757.jpg

Let’s make some mushroom ragu. 8 oz of wild mushrooms into a hot skillet with butter and a little olive oil. Let brown before you turn. Flip and brown the other side. Add and cook shallots till tender. Add 1/3 cup of heavy cream. Add thyme,Madiera, salt and pepper and boil till thick. Cool.

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

Let’s put the London broil, polenta cakes and mushroom ragu on to smoke. The London broil on the main grill the others in the warming box.

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Fry the polenta till golden brown

IMG_1796.jpg

Time to plate. A little spring greens and roasted cherry tomatos. Crumbled garlic and herb goat cheese. Dressing to taste.
Pan fried polenta topped with wild mushroom ragu and thin slices of London broil.

IMG_1797.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

RickB

Smoked Chicken Breast on Fettucinne and a Mushroom and Asparagus Cream Sauce.

Ok last night was beef .My wife demands chicken tonight. Knowing my wife is a pasta junkie lets get it on!

Chicken rubbed with Tusumie Spin rub and onto the Mak at 250.

IMG_1800.jpg

Lets make the cream sauce. Sauté some mushrooms till brown and add the blanched asparagus.

IMG_1815.jpg

Add some heavy cream,basil and garlic. Cook till thickend. Add some Pecorino romono.

IMG_1818.jpg

Pull the chicken and let rest for 10 minutes

IMG_1809.jpg

Lets plate this bad boy.. Some of the cream sauce on the plate and pile up some fettuccine. Add some Pecorino romono. Slice some smoked chicken breast and pile on top. Add a little more sauce and some garlic bread and we are ready to eat

IMG_1819.jpg

Enjoy!

Scallywag

Birthday cook..
So today I turned 39.. sigh.. Mrs wanted to take me out for dinner..I said No Thanks!! I will do it myself...
Wanted to try something new.. smoked chicken with wine reduced mushrooms and onion Crepes.
Soaked some pounded chicken breasts with buttermilk for 3 hours.. pulled and hit with Desert Gold..

On to smoke on the tank for an hour...

Caramelized some onions.. added in some diced mushrooms and a really big splash of Merlot..let them all simmer for a while..

After an hour on smoked bumped to 350 to finish... Resting..

FLBentRider

Sunday School pork butts

We put together a little get together, I was tabbed to bring pulled pork.

4 pork butts
DSC_2232.jpg

2 get "Salt lick" clone, the other two get an Alton Brown rub.
on 2 Star #106 with Mesquite and Hickory
DSC_2233.jpg

I didn't get any pics of them when the came off the MAK @200F

I did get some pulled pics and pics of the sides:

2012-04-21_19-27-47_900.jpg

2012-04-21_19-27-53_865.jpg

2012-04-21_19-28-01_811.jpg

2012-04-21_19-28-21_423.jpg

2012-04-21_19-28-34_408.jpg

2012-04-21_19-28-41_114.jpg

Scallywag

On to the Crepe..

Plated with some Hollandaise Sauce.. Asparagus and rice..

Fantastic flavor!!!! Thanks for looking!! Now off to the Hot Tub to digest and enjoy the rest of my Birthday!!

Rip

Money Report

Finally got Money and Happy Endings last week, time to put them to the test.

First up, Beef Filets. We like our filets pretty minimal. It took a while to work my wife into trying them with BPS Double Secret, but for the last several times we've settled in on Dbl Secret with a dusting of chili powder and a cayenne/habanero powder.

For this test, some were done as described above and the rest got BPS Money. Balsamic with coffee was used for glue on all.
IMG_2916sm.jpg

Cooked at 275 with cherry pellets, flipped at 110, no sear.
IMG_2919sm.jpg

Another busy weekend around here so going simple with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
IMG_2923sm.jpg

The verdict: We loved Money! As described by someone on the forum earlier, it does have a slightly sweet start with citrus overtones, very interesting! However, it was different for us to have 'sweet', however slight, on a filet. Not complaining! This is an observation about what my wife and I expect. This is more of a tradition thing and not a complaint, we both agreed the flavor was awesome. I did some experimenting with adding a dusting of Happy Endings to the Dbl Secret cooked filets and we both thought it punched it up noticeably. Next time I think I will dust first with Happy Endings, then use Double Secret as usual. I'm looking forward to trying Money on other cuts of beef (where my flavor profile is less rigid) like Tri Tips and Brisket. With every bite I was thinking I've got to try Money on pork!

Did somebody say pork?

I just happen to have a triplet of ribs...more balsamic with coffee and lots o Money!
IMG_2926sm.jpg

On to the MAK with Hickory and ~30 minutes of smoke, then 275 for about 2 1/2 hours, I liked the color and decided to do some schmear experimenting...first I enlarged a few photos of other folks schmear and did a chromatic analysis of the pixels to discern the ingredients, (kidding), then I made a liquid version of the kinds of things usually put in foil love. Not sure how it will taste, but I like the way it looks and melts! The one in the back will be sauced with hot wing sauce, so no schmear.
IMG_2931sm.jpg

Made some baked beans too..brown sugar, ketchup, (a little Money!), and generous handful of leftover pulled pork. I keep ~5oz size bags of vacuum packed frozen pulled pork for just such occasions.
IMG_2932sm.jpg

To be continued...

Rip

Money Report Continued

Got some sauces ready to go. Hot wing sauce for one rack (red hot, butter, cayenne, and Money), some mango-habanero (go figure, mustard is the first ingredient in this sauce) for half of one rack, the other will be just Money and schmear.
IMG_2937sm.jpg

And the last rack will be JD BBQ sauce (made the busy person way, simmer favorite sauce with JD).
IMG_2941sm.jpg

Yeah, this looks ready for some sauce!
IMG_2935sm.jpg

The JD BBQ sauce.
IMG_2954sm.jpg

Money & Schmear.
IMG_2955sm.jpg

And finally, the hot wing sauce (and baked beans with pulled pork).
IMG_2960sm.jpg

And the plated pic...what the? Sigh, had my plate all ready with a Pacifico in the background, went to get the camera, got distracted, came back, ate dinner...just now realized the photo never got taken!

The verdict: I now have a new favorite pork rub, Money is awesome on pork!! (it's pretty good in baked beans too!) Even on the JD BBQ sauced ones I could pick up the extra flavor buzz from the rub. I can't wait to try it on pork butt, and tri tips, and chicken, and I want to play more with Happy Endings too.

BPS has hit a huge home run with Money and Happy Endings. Add in Double Secret, Desert Gold, and the Little Louie's twins and get cooking!

Oh, and the schmear, it was a good as it looks!

MossyMO

Sesame Partridge & Beef Kabobs

Original recipe & directions
Smoked Sesame Chicken & Beef Kabobs
(Low Sodium)
1.5 lbs Chicken Breasts
1.5 lbs Lean Beef Stew Meat
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
6 Tbsp Sesame Oil
3 Cloves Fine Chopped Garlic
Pepper to Taste
8 oz. Mushrooms
1/2 Red Onion
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper

First thing get mix 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup low sodium Soy Sauce, 6 tbsp sesame oil, 3 cloves fine chopped garlic and a dash of black pepper. That's the sauce and it's that easy. Make sure you thoroughly mix the marinade.

Pour about a 1/8 cup of the marinade into a cup to mop on the Kabobs when they come out of the cooker. Using a meat tenderizer, pound on 1.5 pounds of lean beef stew meat. This will make the meat extremely tender and allow it to better soak up the marinade.

Cut up 3 chicken breasts (1.5 lbs) into cubes. Place chicken and beef into a 1 gallon ZipLoc bag and pour in the sesame marinade. Squeeze out all the air and zip the bag closed. Kneed the bag for a minute to coat all the meat. Place the bag flat in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 1.5 to 2 hours.

Place the Kabobs on your pit and cook @ 280 degrees. The cook should take about 1 hour 40 minutes. You want to cook the Kabobs until the internal temp of the larger chicken pieces reaches 169 degrees turning them every 30 minutes.
Once the chicken reaches 169 degrees remove the Kabobs from your cooker and mop on the remaining sesame marinade.

-----

First off, I don't generally follow a recipe exact - didn't weigh out my meat just grabbed a few packages from the freezer. Used eye of round beef steaks and partridge for the meat. Didn't have any mushrooms so omitted them and used double the red onion also. And for the veggies I cut them up tossed some garlic olive oil and added some Big Poppas Desert Gold. Also used regular soy sauce not the low sodium - again that was what we had in the fridge. Has some great flavors but I would make some changes for next time. Changes would be a little less sesame oil, maybe some brown sugar and some kind of heat - crushed red peppers maybe?? Definitely a recipe to work off of. Simple dinner kabobs and some potato salad!

First the partridge breasts; excuse the holes in the meat, that was the fun part also!

-----

Then of course the beef...

-----

Bird and beef in the marinade.

-----

The kabob salad and team mates...

-----

Plate of loaded kabobs...

-----

The Yoder with a full load.

-----

Just look at them getting some heat -

-----

Looking good, gotten a little more smoke and heat...

-----

It is kabob time!

Thanks for looking!

Tatonka3A2

Ribeye and Money Shrimp!!

Nothing too fancy on this cook - one of our go to meals.

Started with Ribeyes seasoned with our Tatonka Dust and Big Poppas Double Secret Steak rub. Let rest while I got the shrimp ready.

Shrimp - thawed, cleaned, and removed the tails for easy eating!

Seasoned them with Money, minced garlic, and about a tbsp of butter cut up. Back into the fridge to meld while the steaks were on.

Put the steaks on 150 to smoke for about 40 mins. Used Mesquite pellets for a change. After that I pulled them off and set the Yoder to 525 to get a nice sear on them. Here they are on the flip side...nice sear marks. Love the Grill Grates!!!

Once the steaks were seared pulled them to rest and added the shrimp and garlic toast. I tasted one right out of the pan once they were cooked and that Money was amazing. Then I remembered the Happy Ending....sprinkled a little of that over the shrimp and tasted it... AMAZING!!

Plated up with some sauteed sweet onions and fresh mushrooms in butter, shrimp, and some garlic toast. I finished my garlic toast on the grill grates - the grill marks look pretty cool!!

Just in case you missed it... I got a closer shot! ENJOY!!

jimsbarbecue

Sandwich

IMG1448-M.jpg

Sprinkle some Money on the foil

You know what comes next?

IMG1449-M.jpg

That's right "Rolling in the Money"

Then cooked on the MAK until a internal of 135. Wrapped and put in the fridge.
Next day sliced for sandwiches.

IMG1452-M.jpg

IMG1454-M.jpg

IMG1455-M.jpg

Simple and Good!

Wait forgot the Money shot!

IMG1447-M.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Slicer

I also got the smooth blade based on recommendations. It comes with a toothed blade.
This is not going to slice as fast as the big ones . But for some home use and price . I think it does fine. Having Strube sandwich meat is awesome. I maybe making my own sliced meat from now on.

Top Bottom