4/20 friday afternoon ribs.

sparky

its friday. ya. i am so happy. must be time for some ribs and a FT or 2. going to cook them chili style. so if they don't turn out its chili's fault. so, awayyyy we go.

so since these are chili style i have to use the meatsmack and the pom glaze w/ some money. needed my mak shark to help w/ the FT's.

ribs010.jpg

so, pom glaze then the entire rib was dusted w/ money. then just he left side was dusted w/ meatsmack. left the membrane on.

ribs014.jpg

onto #63 @ 275°.

ribs019.jpg

they look real good.

ribs024.jpg

welp, 2 hours into it like chili said. time for some VooDoo Schmear, oh maybe another FT too (need to stay hydrated).

ribs022.jpg

ribs026.jpg

pretty. i love the melting part. so cool.

ribs031.jpg

looking good manard.

ribs035.jpg

all done. i like them. good color to them.

ribs040.jpg

ate the whole rack w/ another FT. got 2 more racks this weekend to cook.

ribs043.jpg

so. my friday 4/20 ribs chili style ribs. i'll do this again.

Last edited:

cowdog

Damn! That looks good! How did you like them with the membrane on, compared to with the membrane removed?

sparky

i like membrane removed better. it was a pain taking it off. it keep coming off in little sections. i also like rub on the bottom side of the ribs also. i do think next time i cook them dry i will try BP temp of 260°.

RickB

I was wondering how easy that membrain would come off. Thanks for the feedback. Ribs look great as always!

Tatonka3A2

Ribs look very good!!

How the heck am I going to get the secret voodoo recipe out of you.....bribe you with buffalo meat ;)

ACW3

Sparky,
Your ribs keep getting better looking each time I see a post. Aside from not pulling the membrane, how were they? I'm going to miss having some this summer.

Art

Chili Head

I wonder if your higher cook temp had something to do with the membrane not coming off easily. I dunno...
I'm getting ready to put some on myself.
Yours looked great!

sparky

I wonder if your higher cook temp had something to do with the membrane not coming off easily. I dunno...
I'm getting ready to put some on myself.
Yours looked great!

you might be right buddy. i usually cook all my ribs at 275. i know your using 250 and BP is using 260. i might have to try it for home ribs. when i cook for other ppl i am watching a clock. so 275 works real well. i can turn over alot of ribs w/ that temp. i think i will put some one right now too. my son will come over tonight for a beer and we can eat some together.

Top Bottom