Blazin' Baby Boulders

squirtthecat

IMGP9234.JPG

IMGP9238.JPG

'Nuff said! ;)

RickB

Squirt..did i remember right that sometimes you put those on frozen? These look thawed. What pellets are you using?

squirtthecat

These are about half thawed. I had them in a sink full of water for a few hours, so I could pry the faux gravy packet out.

Running a Hickory, Cherry, Maple and Apple blend. 250-260°. (or whatever the Traeger feels like doing when I'm not looking)

RickB

(or whatever the Traeger feels like doing when I'm not looking)

I have to thank Traeger for one thing. Went to sams one day and they had a setup there. Had never heard of pellet smokers at that point. Almost bought one on the spot. It made so much sense that I started doing some research into pellet smokers. Four months later placed my order for the Mak 2 Star with BPS. Thank you Traeger!

squirtthecat

Just over 160°°. Then I'll wrap them tight and let the rest for a bit. Chill overnight then slice and vacuum seal tomorrow.

RickB

Just over 160°°. Then I'll wrap them tight and let the rest for a bit. Chill overnight then slice and vacuum seal tomorrow.

Thanks. Cooking some boneless skinless chicken breasts tonight for a pasta dish. Cooking at the same temp and was wondering what kind of carryover to expect. Thinking 5-8 degrees?

squirtthecat

And, we're done. Pulled them both at 161°. Mutilated one trying to get the netting off, so I'll leave it on the other one for a while and let it 'steam' a bit in that pan.

IMGP9251.JPG

ACW3

How deep does the Sriracha flavor the turkey? Can you taste it throughout? I'm liking the way they came out. Nice thin slices for sammies! Love it!

Art

Top Bottom