1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
6 Tbsp Sesame Oil
3 Cloves Fine Chopped Garlic
Pepper to Taste
8 oz. Mushrooms
1/2 Red Onion
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper

First thing get mix 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup low sodium Soy Sauce, 6 tbsp sesame oil, 3 cloves fine chopped garlic and a dash of black pepper. That's the sauce and it's that easy. Make sure you thoroughly mix the marinade.

Pour about a 1/8 cup of the marinade into a cup to mop on the Kabobs when they come out of the cooker. Using a meat tenderizer, pound on 1.5 pounds of lean beef stew meat. This will make the meat extremely tender and allow it to better soak up the marinade.

Cut up 3 chicken breasts (1.5 lbs) into cubes. Place chicken and beef into a 1 gallon ZipLoc bag and pour in the sesame marinade. Squeeze out all the air and zip the bag closed. Kneed the bag for a minute to coat all the meat. Place the bag flat in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 1.5 to 2 hours.

Place the Kabobs on your pit and cook @ 280 degrees. The cook should take about 1 hour 40 minutes. You want to cook the Kabobs until the internal temp of the larger chicken pieces reaches 169 degrees turning them every 30 minutes.
Once the chicken reaches 169 degrees remove the Kabobs from your cooker and mop on the remaining sesame marinade.

-----

First off, I don't generally follow a recipe exact - didn't weigh out my meat just grabbed a few packages from the freezer. Used eye of round beef steaks and partridge for the meat. Didn't have any mushrooms so omitted them and used double the red onion also. And for the veggies I cut them up tossed some garlic olive oil and added some Big Poppas Desert Gold. Also used regular soy sauce not the low sodium - again that was what we had in the fridge. Has some great flavors but I would make some changes for next time. Changes would be a little less sesame oil, maybe some brown sugar and some kind of heat - crushed red peppers maybe?? Definitely a recipe to work off of. Simple dinner kabobs and some potato salad!

First the partridge breasts; excuse the holes in the meat, that was the fun part also!

-----

Then of course the beef...

-----

Bird and beef in the marinade.

-----

The kabob salad and team mates...

-----

Plate of loaded kabobs...

-----

The Yoder with a full load.

-----

Just look at them getting some heat -

-----

Looking good, gotten a little more smoke and heat...

-----

It is kabob time!

Thanks for looking!

MossyMO

Thanks for the compliments!

X2!

What does the partridge taste like? They look like oversized dove breasts.

Art

Partridge taste very good and similar to dove. During hunting season I get many pheasants, but grouse and partridge are like prizes. We have plenty around but they are overly jumpy and out of shotgun range when they jump.

Top Bottom