Pulled pork on a Sunday

CMack1

A friend wanted to have a pool party Sunday afternoon. Can you bring the meat? Yup.
We decided on pulled pork sandwiches with homemade slaw. Got started Saturday evening with a couple shoulders from Costco.

IMG_2651.jpg

Lubed with EVOO and rubbed with Memphis dust. Tied up and ready to go.

IMG_2652.jpg

On to #131 @ 225 burning 3/4 blended oak, 1/4 black walnut. It's midnight, I'm going to bed.

IMG_2653-1.jpg

Temp hit 190 @ 11am Sunday. Pulled @ 193 and into the towel lined cooler to head off to the party.

IMG_2654.jpg

Spent six hours in the cooler, the IT was still 173! Can't believe how well that trick works. All pulled up and ready to go.

IMG_2655-1.jpg

The close up.

IMG_2658.jpg

Everything was very good. Also made two different sauces, one bbq, one vinegar based. Everyone was happy. The only thing I didn't like was that the outer crust seemed a little soft. I assume that is due to the extended time steaming in the cooler.
The pork came out so tender I couldn't get the twine off without it falling to pieces. Thanks for looking! Also thanks to everyone for the pellet advice. The oak and walnut was an outstanding new taste. Crisis diverted.

CarterQ

Good looking Pork, and you might as well get used to "bringing the meat", it will be happening often!

sparky

and you might as well get used to "bringing the meat", it will be happening often!

so true. ppl always want us to bring meat now. my wife says, we can bring a fruit salad? the response is "can sparky cook something"? your pulled pork looks good. nice color and smoke ring on it. good job.

Top Bottom