First cook on my new pellet cooker...

pgiven

Just picked up my GMG Jim Bowie this weekend. It's a gift from my folks, grandparents, and my brother for our upcoming wedding. We have a number of smokers and kettle grills and were looking to simplify our setup. This fit the bill and we love it so far!

Started the party (in my garage, due to the rain) with a quick NY Strip for my fiancee and I to share on a salad for lunch. Not very glorious, but happy with the results.

Did a reverse sear on a Jack Daniels and worcestershire sauce marinated steak. Rubbed with a bit of black pepper.

SYBxD.jpg

NUTmJ.jpg

QRK8E.jpg

Cook at 175* until internal temp hit 100*

h8Ncr.jpg

Oh, I forgot- there was bacon I needed to cook, too! Lots of real estate on this guy. Going to come in handy.

HIAOW.jpg

This temperature is reading the grease pan just below the grates, obviously hotter than the grates, but this thing can get heat. It's also only about 45* outside!

owB88.jpg

Going to pick up some grill grates (or use a cast iron pan) next time, but still very happy with the results here. This steak wasn't quite an inch thick, had it been thicker I would have had more time to sear and get a deeper color.

GtkDC.jpg

Greens, bleu cheese, banana peppers, croutons, and sun dried tomato vinaigrette

PB6jo.jpg

Also, bacon!
:)

Glad to be here, very happy with our purchase!

Last edited:

pgiven

Wow!

Thanks so much everyone. Definitely encouraging. Working on ribs right now...should be done in a few hours. :)

Top Bottom