Brisket and Ribs

CarterQ

Had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ and to sample some of the latest home brew. Started out with a brisket but decided it might be good to have a few racks of ribs as a plan B just in case. Brisket is still not my strong suit!

Hit a 12 pound packer with a healthy dose of Money

74d81b74.jpg

Onto the MAK running on smoke for 4 hours and then up to 275 (the pellet boss took care of this)

ff6742ba.jpg

Ready for foil

a809a60c.jpg

Into the foil, Hit it with a light dusting of Little Louies with pepper and little homebrew amber ale

0e1836ea.jpg

Brisket finished up a little earlier than i wanted so I decided to do a few ribs just in case!

Hit them with mustard and money and onto the MAK @275

afa44b38.jpg

Foiled em up with a little Apfelwein that a buddy had made and brought over (kind of like a hard apple cider)

5797347b.jpg

Out of the foil and hit them with some Big Bob Gibson Red

c539d967.jpg

Dinner is served- Ribs, Brisket, homemade mac and cheese, and nice fresh Fat Tire Clone

5b1b57db.jpg

616087d2.jpg

Brisket actually came out pretty good, I thought it was a tad on the dry side but everyone ate it said they loved it (and there were no leftovers). The money rub on brisket really shines, I think this was some of the best flavor on a brisket I have had. Ribs were good too, I love the money on them as well. I did them falling off the bone as that is what the audience likes. Eventually i'll dial in the Brisket to my liking but at least it's getting closer!

Chili Head

Excellent Carter! I really like the home brew as well. I've toyed around with the idea of home brewing myself but haven't taken the plunge. My brother in law makes his and he's turned out some good brew.

ACW3

Great looking meal! I finally broke down and placed my order for Money and Happy Ending. I couldn't stand it any longer. When I told my wife that I had placed an order and told her the names, her first reaction was "Did you say that one was called Happy Ending?" I said yes, and that BP had a lot of "help" naming both rubs, and she should get her mind out of the gutter. I've got to take my shots when I can get them.

Art

CarterQ

foil tighter and dont put the probe in the foil for a few hours....wrap at 145.

Definitely will do this on the next attempt.

The problem I always seem to have with Brisket is I live in tri tip country. No matter how good the brisket is (whether done by me or someone else) you always seem to get the comments, "wow I've never really had a BBQed brisket, it's almost as good as tri tip". Definitely takes some wind out of your sails knowing you could of just thrown 4 tips on, been done in an hour and made em just as happy!

I'll definitely keep trying though!

Last edited:

sparky

another excellent cook carter. your food always looks great. now, home made beer. ya da man buddy.....

Top Bottom