FLBentRider

I started with 9lbs of wings.
DSC_2234.jpg

Fired up #106 to 375F, loaded up the wings. We cook them naked
DSC_2236.jpg

While they were cooking I made up some sauces:

Red Raspberry Chipotle
Wasabi Honey Teriyaki
Traditional Wing sauce (Franks Hot, garlic, butter)

add some dry rubs:
Cajun
Hot Jamaican Curry

They are looking done:
DSC_2235.jpg

Red Raspberry Chipotle
This is definitely a keeper. I combined equal parts chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with red rasberry seedless preserves and took them for a spin in the food processor
DSC_2237.jpg

Hot Jamaican curry (dry)
This was good, but lacked something I could not put my finger on...
DSC_2238.jpg

Wasabi Honey Teriyaki
I combined 1/2 cup of kikkoman teriyaki with about 1 tablespoon of wasabi powder, then added about 1 tablespoon of honey. I brought it to a boil and added some corn starch mixed with some of the sauce.
The end result was too heavy on the teriyaki, not enough heat. Next time I will use less teriyaki and add some other liquid, probably wine, sake or something.
DSC_2239.jpg

Traditional wing sauce with cajun rub
This is a "house favorite" around here. The combination of hot sauce, butter, garlic and cajun seasoning really wakes up the taste buds.
DSC_2240.jpg

Traditional wing sauce with Hot Jamaican Curry.
This is what the curry needed!
DSC_2241.jpg

DSC_2242.jpg

We fed 5 people with 9lbs of wings. I did not get around to counting them, but there were none left over! Wash them down with a cold beer or two and we have a great meal.

HogSmoker

I cooked ribs today but looking at the chicken makes me Hogrey / hungry :). I still need to sharpen my chicken cooking last time was better than most, but still need so tweaking.

ACW3

My wife and I talked about having wings tonight. Didn't happen. I took her for a ride today and we ended up eating a late lunch that was super filling. We will be having wings in the next few days. Yours looked great.

Art

Top Bottom