Cuban Ropa Vieja

Scallywag

Mrs and I have been to Cuba many many times... one of my fav places to vacation, great people and amazing food and drink. Seen this cooked elsewhere and I was inspired to try it..Here we go Cuban Ropa Vieja
Started last night.. rubbed a blade roast and let sit overnight..

Smoked for 3 hours..

Main players..

Scallywag

This called for wine and I found this..#99 has to be a winner..

Bacon peppers and onion in a pan to soften...

Add tomato paste and spices..

Scallywag

Into a bigger pan with crushed tomatoes and beef stock..

After 3 hours simmering took the beef out to shred..

Shredded and added some cappers and pimento..

Back in the sauce to meld...

Scallywag

Some Chili and onion Nann bread..

Plated...

Very much enjoyed.. ah memories of vacations..Now time to enjoy this baby in the hot tub with a full glass of #99..Thanks for looking!

ACW3

Thank you for posting!! I love ropa vieja. My first encounter with it was from a lady I used to teach with before I retired. She has Cuban roots and gave me her recipe. I haven't made/had any ropa vieja in a long time. It may be time to pull the recipe.

Art

FLBentRider

Nice cook.

Cuba - Funny that it is much closer to me, but you have been there more than most Floridians.

I did make it to Guantanamo bay when I was in the Navy, but you could not go off-base.

squirtthecat

TILT!

We've had a couple opportunities to fly into Cuba - but not without getting into potential trouble when we got home. Sigh... :(

Scallywag

Cuba is probably the nicest place you could ever visit... one of the benefits to being a Canadian I guess... Plus I can buy the best cigars!

Top Bottom