Smoky Bacon Jam and more, oh my!

Deb

Susan was coming over for a breakfast lunch today so yesterday I started prepping.......

I have seen a few people cold smoking ketchup on another forum so I figured smoking some tomato juice might work as a good base for a smokey bloody mary
photo-92.jpg

Recently King Arthur Flour did a blog post on making Bacon Jam , they made in a pan & a crockpot.... I thought about it and decided it would be a great recipe to adapt to the MAK griddle , so early this morning I put a couple pounds of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces into the griddle until crisp
photo-97.jpg

drained out the grease, added a couple softball sized onions, garlic, cider vinegar, maple syrup, apple juice, coffee, a couple of bay leaves and later some brown sugar
photo-96.jpg

cooked it all down til it looked like this
photo-92-1.jpg

bay leaves out, little spin around the food processor
photo-93-1.jpg

I think we both agreed that we would have been happy with a spoon and that batch of jam but there was more planned.....

to be continued

Deb

because we didn't have enough bacon already a few strips on the grill, then some breakfast sausage I mixed up this morning into the griddle
DSC06484.jpg

then I mixed up some biscuit dough, rolled it out, some pesto on part, bacon jam on all
DSC06486.jpg

the sausage and some gruyere cheese
DSC06487.jpg

rolled it up cinnamon roll style and cut into slices
DSC06488.jpg

DSC06489.jpg

hash browns onto the griddle, when they were just about done pushed them back, some bacon on to heat up, and a couple of eggs
DSC06491.jpg

mixed up a couple of bloody mary's and plated the food

DSC06505.jpg

food was awesome, we had fun , our pups are happy & tired (they are best buds and had a great time playing)
photo-97-1.jpg

ACW3

Deb,
I'm on my way! That is a killer breakfast! I'd have to walk (I don't run anymore) home to work it off. Your version of "cinnamon rolls" is crowd pleaser. I thought you were making a breakfast pizza before you rolled up the dough. That would make one heck-of-a brunch!

Art

sparky

wow, thats fantastic. really nice meal deb. i love the breakfast rolls. good job. :)

Last edited:

soupyjones

That was very creative and very very impressive. I have never even heard of some of the things you tried but now I must make an attempt at them myself. Very well done Deb.

Top Bottom