Happy wife salmon.

soupyjones

I really wanted to do something nice for the wife last night so I made her favorite dinner. She grew up on the west coast and really loves salmon. So I got some steaks.
001-3.jpg

And some shrimp I had in the fridge. Gave them some glue and home made salmon rub.
004-3.jpg

Threw it all on the Traeger with some garlic bread made out of old hamburger buns I needed to get rid of.
005.jpg

While I worked on that my wife offered to make a salad, so we had baby romaine with goat cheese, apples and nuts with home made dressing. Then she put my shrimp on it! Ah well.
006-3.jpg

One more.
007-2.jpg

Made for a happy missus. Now I can golf today! Thanks for looking guys.

soupyjones

Thanks guys. Sadly it started freaking snowing so golf got cancelled. Oh well the salmon was still good. Rick that is just a 4 year old sony 9.1 mp camera. It does the trick though

HogSmoker

Thanks guys. Sadly it started freaking snowing so golf got cancelled. Oh well the salmon was still good. Rick that is just a 4 year old sony 9.1 mp camera. It does the trick though

Soupyjones.. could you share cooking time on the salmon and temp cooked if not a secrete? This looks really good would like to try this dish. Rub on it anything special ? thanks H/S

soupyjones

Alrighty HS. I will see if I can remember what I did on this one. I don't use recipes so it is always a bit of a crap shoot when I make stuff. For this on I think I went about 10 min on the first side, flipped them and hit them with seafood butter then 7 min on the other side. I was at 350 the whole time. My glue for salmon is oyster sauce and lemon juice with a bit of tiger sauce so I use a rub with not much salt in it. That one was powdered onion, garlic powder, lots of dill, a bit of black pepper salt and white sugar. Sadly I can't give you any exact measurements as I just add stuff till it smells right. Hopefully that is of some help.

Top Bottom