Simple Dessert

Deb

trying to not subscribe to the sparky "buy bigger pants" club and wanted something sweet tonight. Threw a couple pieces of pineapple on the MAK

photo-94.jpg

a scoop of Stonyfield vanilla frozen yogurt topped with some Mike's Hot Honey

photo-97.jpg

sparky

trying to not subscribe to the sparky "buy bigger pants" club.
photo-97.jpg

get elastic pants. that way they won't be bigger. same size pants only more roomy. your dessert looks really good. grill pineapple is really tasty. nice dessert deb. where's your husbands dessert?

sparky

he rarely eats dessert

hey, you are down to one MAK 1 star in your signature, where's the other one

under a tarp. i'm only listing the grills i am using. i pulled it out a couple weeks ago and the temp isn't jiving w/ the pellet boss or my maverick. need to call up north and start asking questions to get it fixed up. i'm either giving to my son to use or my friend across the street might buy it. since were moving soon (don't know where yet) i need to take less stuff to the new house (or so i'm told). getting rid of the 49er weber too. i can cook anything with the grills i'm using now. i'm happy. i need Hazel to complete the picture.

Tatonka3A2

Dang it!!! I knew I forgot something. I bought a whole pineapple in the store the other day to grill it up tonight with dinner....I forgot until I seen yours!! It looks so good, I can't wait to try it.

Sparky... you are moving and not sure where? How does that work? Are you coming to the great oil boom state of North Dakota?

Big Poppa

Administrator
You know what is great to do hit it with a little salt or a sweet hot rub lightly..the salt pulls the sugar to the top so they say and helps the carmelization....I ate at a trendy resstaurant in new york Tom collicchios called Craft...where he makes a point that you can combine just about any well cooked ingredient so you order away....my friends daughter ordered a side of grilled pineapple and a side of vnallia ice cream and an order of carmel sauce...I thought carmel and pineapple...no way...guess what? awesome...

not to take anything away from you great desert....just reminded me...

Deb

You know what is great to do hit it with a little salt or a sweet hot rub lightly..the salt pulls the sugar to the top so they say and helps the carmelization....I ate at a trendy resstaurant in new york Tom collicchios called Craft...where he makes a point that you can combine just about any well cooked ingredient so you order away....my friends daughter ordered a side of grilled pineapple and a side of vnallia ice cream and an order of carmel sauce...I thought carmel and pineapple...no way...guess what? awesome...

not to take anything away from you great desert....just reminded me...

it was a quick thing without much thought, the rub makes perfect sense. I thought about caramel but didn't feel like making any. That hot honey was perfect, it's great stuff (I bet Chili would love it).

sparky

Sparky... you are moving and not sure where? How does that work? Are you coming to the great oil boom state of North Dakota?

staying in cali tanya. me and my wife were both born and raised here. (actually, we grew up just 1/2 mile away from each other in los gatos. we didn't hang in the same circles, she was a good girl. me, not so much. and, i had already been in and out of the USCG before she was out of high school). were not sure if we are moving to santa cruz, aptos, capitola, los gatos, san jose or just staying up here but moving to a bigger house. our money will buy more house here in northern california. who knows? where just starting the process a couple weeks ago. i just need a pool, covered patio. those are my only request. i'm a simple man. give me a grill, chair, ice chest of FT and some water to splash around in and i am good. the rest of it i don't care about. whatever makes my wife happy i am good w/. don't tell anyone this. its suppose to be a secret from kids and neighbors. i have a question? if i move do i have to tell my kids? its a good question. maybe just my son. my daughters are crazy. girls.....

Last edited:

Chili Head

Hot honey..I bet I would enjoy that! I did check it out online and I think I'm going to order a bottle. That stuff would be awesome in a marinade.

Top Bottom