Deep Dish Pizza

Deb

Deep Dish Pizza

Dough, then mozz cheese, then homemade sausage (italian on left & chicken/basil/tomato on right), then sauce

25d82dc9.jpg

parm cheese on top

9fde6471.jpg

to the pellet grill

f1020d6c.jpg

finished (missed a cut piece)

2ff390b8.jpg

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
you are going to have to give up that pizza dough recipe...looks wonerful....I still am hungry looking at these pics.....

Deb

Thanks everyone. Cowgirl - I'll send a couple right over :)

If you want to learn about making pizza the forum to go to is pizzamaking.com There are recipes and help on just about every kind of pizza. The crust recipe I used came from there.

I have never had an authentic deep dish but I like this recipe.

This is the recipe I used - it is stretched over several posts - the guy that did it was comparing all purpose flour/semolina mix with all purpose flour/durum flour mix -- I used King Arthur Flour Perfect Pasta Blend which is a mix of all purpose, semolina & durum flour. Malnati Deep Dish with Semolina

If you read the ingredients they all have percentages next to them ..... if you go to the dough tools (specifically the deep dish one for this recipe) you can plug in the percentages, specify the number and size of the pizzas that you want to make and it will give you the exact measurements for what you want to do

Pizza Dough Calculation Tools - PizzaMaking.com

That site has a ton of great recipes - it's frequented by people that are really into their pizza - they are happy to answer questions. If you are looking for something specific let me know, I might be able to help find it.

TentHunter

...I have never had an authentic deep dish but I like this recipe.

As far as I can tell, your technique followed what I know as authentic Chicago style deep dish pizza, including the "up-side-down" layering of the ingredients. And yours is wood fired to boot.

I don't think it can get any more authentic... or delicious!

My wife saw this post and now wants to do some of these (and that's fine by me ;))!!

Trooper

I've never tried a to make a classic "Chigo Style" pizza. (I've eaten many though, with Chicago about 2 hrs away)
Looks mighty tempting.
Thanks for the tips & photos.
Q. That looks like an 8" cake pan, eh? I think I got mine from KingArthur

Deb

Those are 6 inch.

I love King Arthur - I filled a cart at the retail store a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom