Burger Trio on Portobello

roburado

De Bebe and I decided to make some burgers this evening. We don't really eat bread in this household. So, we did them on some meaty portobello mushrooms.

We started with roasting some tomatoes on the MAK as we were getting the grill up to temperature.
DSC_0173.jpg

While those were on the grill, we got the portobellos seasoned with some olive oil, salt, pepper, a tiny bit of Desert Gold. We did olive oil and Desert Gold on some onions, which we packed in foil.
DSC_0174.jpg

We put the onion pack on direct heat on the grill grates. Then, we moved them over as we got the grill temp up to about 400F--just because I couldn't wait any longer. I put the burgers on the grill grates.
DSC_0200.jpg

After the burgers were mostly done, the portobellos went onto the grill grates. One burger was a bit bigger than the rest. So it stayed on the grates a bit longer. The others went to the indirect side.
DSC_0201.jpg

A bit of cheese melting while De Bebe finished the portobellos.
DSC_0202.jpg

We started to pull things off the grill. First the onions.
DSC_0203.jpg

roburado

Then, after resting the meat, we plated up the burgers. De Bebe, did a vegetarian style "burger" with bleu cheese, tomato, mayo, and onion.
DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

We plated up a couple with onion, mayo, tomato, and cheddar.
DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

We did one with bleu cheese, mayo, onion, and julienned green apple.
DSC_0205.jpg

My plate had a half of one with cheddar and a half of the bleu cheese and apple. My bottle of Sol and my Coke Zero in the background.
DSC_0213.jpg

I also had a bite of the veggie version, which was mostly eaten by De Bebe. De Bebe loves the Desert Gold on the mushrooms.

Our jealous audience.
DSC_0175.jpg

Last edited:

sparky

thats my type of burger. i don't eat bread either. nice cook. i made some portabello mushroom pizzas last week w/ beets. they were good.

Top Bottom