MAK Smoked Bacon Wrapped Shrimp

Big Poppa

Administrator
My son just won his tennis league...that guy is unreal how many balls in the air...He called and said "I have to make an appitizer for the potluck" SO I went over there and he had some shrimp and bacon....off to work with some money rub
IMG_1226.jpg

Notice that I only had a round frog mat...the shoemaker had holes in his shoes on at 350 for about 75 minutes
IMG_1227.jpg

Then my tip of the day....I have been doing this in comp...diluting the bbq sauce with a little water.....really thin it out sometimes peach juice or apple juice and it is more of a glaze and ingredient in the flavor profile rather than a sugary goop
Waa LAA
IMG_1228.jpg

Chili Head

Peach juice you say..I bet that IS good.
I've been thinning my BBQ sauce lately as well.
I'm liking those appetizers!

sparky

the shrimp looks real tastey. good color on them. my wife doesn't let me have sweet stuff when she's around. "sugar goop" is good. i like the sweet. nice and thick. i love my raspberry bbq sauce i use. its good. i only like to use the glaze on certain applications. although thinning the sauce out would make it last longer. ya'll might be on to something here.

ACW3

Killer looking shrimp, BP! The things we do for our kids. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Art

Slamm

BP, just to confirm, you cooked for 75 minutes @ 350? It just seems like a long cook. They do look delicious.

Big Poppa

Administrator
not really....actually this cook was about an hour at 275 and I bumped it for 20...this was very thick bacon.

Chili Head

Heck yeah I would be worried! I would cry like a baby if I burnt my bacon! But in all seriousness I gotta try that appetizer.

Top Bottom