trying something i have never had before.

sparky

so, i fired up Hazel.

lazyweekend013.jpg

some real nice ppl send me a little care package. so, a couple of buffalo patties, cheddar hot dogs (looks like cheddar sausage to me, very yummy), onions, jalapenos and some clam thinging's i got from winco.

the goods.

lazyweekend011.jpg

thats right. i scored some "Tatonka Dust. i like it. the finger taste told me its not salt based. got a good flavor. it looks like gun powder rub. taste way better. i only got so much and i have plans for it on different meats.

lazyweekend007.jpg

everyone in the pool. Tatonka Dust on one buffalo patty and DDSR on the other. soileau's on the clams.

lazyweekend021.jpg

i am looking forward to these little babies.

lazyweekend020.jpg

everyone is looking good.

lazyweekend023.jpg

the cheddar is coming though. oh, how nice.

lazyweekend029.jpg

clams came off. only 2 left. had to check on to see if they were poison. nope. all good.

lazyweekend043.jpg

foods done. i pulled up a chair right next the the hasty bake and ate right there.

lazyweekend032.jpg

the buffalo was real, real good. way better than hamburger. very clean tasting. the flavor was outstanding. i like it. to be honest w/ ya. all i could taste was the buffalo. the rubs didn't come out. i need to put them on thicker i think. it was a grand experience having the buffalo. yummy stuff.

i want to say thank you to tanya and marty for my little care package.

ps: i am out of pepperoni sticks already.

ACW3

Sparky,
You and Hazel are quite a pair! Buffalo burgers are good. Buffalo chili is also good. I usually make a big batch in time for our Christmas tree decorating party. I also make a big batch of elk chili, also. Cold beer and two kinds of chili. What's not to like?

Art

HogSmoker

94 views, 2 comments. me and Hazel must be getting boring. lol......

NAW sparky your cooks just leaves us speechless LOL... I'm surprised that the pellet police hasn't warned you about not using pellets or maybe they have.... :)

ACW3

"Who loves you, baby!" Okay, Telly, a round of Tootsie Pops for Sparky's friends.

Art!

sparky

"Who loves you, baby!" Okay, Telly, a round of Tootsie Pops for Sparky's friends.

Art!

lol, thats funny. telly always had toostie pops. i have been throwing pellets when i use Hazel. i used wine soaked oak pellets for this cook.

MossyMO

Looking good and glad to hear your enjoying the package!
We have two of those burgers on the grill as I type!

KristenBPS

OOOOOOH, interesting, I have never had buffalo...eaten lots of other strange things overseas. Must be time to get more adventurous at home. I am guessing buffalo burgers are not easy to find in CALI:).

Scallywag

I tried a Bison burger on my last buisness trip to Nashville.. it was awesome! Also the only time I got to sample Fat Tire as well... damn good stuff!

TentHunter

foods done. i pulled up a chair right next the the hasty bake and ate right there.

I don't blame you one bit buddy. That food looked way too good not to dig in right then and there! I love the slight char you got on those burgers. Bison burgers are yummy... and good for you to boot!

Top Bottom