How many of you started on a Traeger?

Big Poppa

Administrator
How many still cook on it and for how long?

How many of you moved up?

How long did you own your Traeger before moving up?

Deb

I have had my Lil Tex since late April or early May

I will move up after the kid is out of college ...

dmarotta

I was about to pull the trigger on a Traeger over a year ago and luckily had an e-mail exchange with BP. He steered me to the Mak and I am so happy with the versatility of this grill.The flame zone concept allows so many different cooking techniques that i would not have had with the Traeger.

Roguejim

What is a MAK? One reason I am registered here is to learn about other pellet smokers. I own an 075, but would like to invest in another pellet smoker that holds more meat, maybe a vertical-style model of some sort. By the way, I've only been smoking for about 2 years on my Traeger, and don't have any complaints yet other than the paint peeling off the lid. I'll see how Traeger responds when I send them the pics! It's still under warranty.

squirtthecat

My Lil Tex is coming up on it's first birthday at my house. (it spent it's first 6 months down in Paducah, KY)

He'll be getting a new pellet consuming stablemate soon......

Big Poppa

Administrator
I started with a Lttle tex and a month later got a 124...Then found this crazy guy who wasnt being taken seriously on another pellet forum...Called him up and he sent me one of his prototypes and I absolutely loved it and the passion that he and his wife had for trying to move pellet cooking forward...while making everything in America. Im glad I called Bob Tucker of MAK.

ROgue Jim MAK grills have great capacity and are a wonderful cooks grill/smoker.....very versitile. Oh year and they are made in Dallas.....OREGON

So Cal Smoker

I started with a Lil Tex, I lasted about 3 months with the Traeger. After alot of reading about different grills I bought a MAK 2 Star. I could not have made a better choice.

TTNuge

I started on a Lil Tex and it lasted a little less than a month. I got tired of messing with P settings trying to get it to cook the way I wanted while listening to NePas and Kynola go on and on about their set and forget MAKs that jealousy and envy got the best of me. Ended up selling the Traeger, my Bradley Electric Smoker, my Cabelas Dehydrator and an old 67 Cougar car body to a buddy for enough money to get my MAK.

Don't regret it one bit!

jimsbarbecue

Being in Oregon. I would suggest you call Bob and visit MAK Grills. The MAK Grills just cook.
On the paint peeling on your Traeger. The heat of a PelletSmoker is hard on paint. I have always kept some high heat black around for my BBQ and touched them up as we go. You may just need to do the same on your Traeger. The prep/cleaning of the surface before painting is the most important.

KyNola

STC's Traeger spent it's first 6 months of life in Kentucky at my house and like Poppa I too became acquainted with Bob Tucker at MAK and have had a MAK ever since then. Before learning about pellet smokers, I had several different other brands and types of smokers including one that was so heavy they loaded it in my truck with a forklift! Funny thing about pellet smokers around this area, they are not well known at all. I'll wager I have the only MAK in my area. I do see some Traeger's from time to time but not even very many of them.

Geaux Tigers

I bought a 075 last November. I could not take the temp swings. I burnt some BBs I had set at 225. I gave it to my daughter last month went my Pro arrived.

firehouse_bbq

I started with a used Traeger Texas (075) Then added two Traeger Juniors, and most recently a FEC-100. Still have the original Traeger. Thing is built like a tank, and have it tweaked to give me dead on temps with very little swing.

If I was buying a new pellet grill for home use it would be either a Mak or Memphis! Traeger still makes a nice grill, however, the competition has gotten much better!

MAK DADDY

I started with a Little tex and a month later got a 124...Then found this crazy guy who wasnt being taken seriously on another pellet forum...Called him up and he sent me one of his prototypes and I absolutely loved it and the passion that he and his wife had for trying to move pellet cooking forward...while making everything in America. Im glad I called Bob Tucker of MAK.

That brought back some memories :) Like you asking me "how can you build such an amazing grill/smoker and have no ties to BBQ, your like Rain Man or something" LOL. The answer was and still is we at MAK are innovators and listen to our customers like BP :)
So glad you called me too and a big thanks for all your support and advice!

Oh Yeah, never owned a treager either, cooked on one twice then built a MAK and never looked back :)

Top Bottom