Your most embarrassing smoking moment?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ever have any cooks that just go sideways on you?

My biggest one was having Chris Lilly over for dinner and insisting that he be a guest...

Prepped a beautiful eden farms berkshire crown roast of pork.....made a black berry glaze that was killer.....

cooked on a new cooker ( A Meadow Creek PR 36 That Bob at mak put a pellet hopper on) for the first time....Why did I do that? Pulled the roast because the thermometer told me it was dont....It was pon one side...the other side was raw.

The other was when I was showing my friend how to use his MAK It was one of the first ones and it was not digital and his wife handed me agrocery bag with Chicken Breasts, Thighs, Filets and super thin t bones.....She wanted them all done in about a half hour with all the steaks to a different temp....I got it done but she was bummed that it took an hour and 15....

jimsbarbecue

Doing a prime rib roast that I was going to smoke on a WSM for a group of friends.They had the "cooking instructions " from the guy at Bristol Farms. Coat with cooking oil and rub on this spice mix. Sear on the gasser then smoke on the WSM until the temp reached I think 130 and used lump charcoal. First when searing the gasser was so hot the oil on the roast caught on fire. Got that taken care of and put it on the smoker with a BBQ Guru setup. Had a breeze come up and it made the pit go up and down in temps and the smoke flavor got out of hand. I still chuckle when the vision of this dry age prime rib roast caught on fire.

Top Bottom