Smokin' Again, Part 1

ACW3

Once we got back from our France trip, it seemed that the bottom fell out on just about everything my wife and were trying to do. It has been hectic, to say the least. Our calendar was suddenly jam packed with things that must be done, yesterday. It didn’t leave me a lot of time to do much cooking on my MAK.

The trip to France was great. I was able to eat a lot of cuisine that is not generally available, especially in this part of NC. I found myself trying to determine if I could prepare some of the dishes using my MAK. It has taken a while, but I think I was able to come up with a menu for a meal that went from some appetizers to a wonderful dessert. Here goes.
My wife came home from one of her book club meeting and said, “Here, try some this homemade pimento cheese. It is really good!” It was really good. She got a copy of the recipe and I have since made it twice. The second time I made it I decided to try add some chopped up pig candy. The basic pimento cheese recipe comes from Victoria.com. The ingredients are as follows:

2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack
1 cup grated Pepper Jack
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup diced pimentos
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
You can add spiced nuts, bacon, or even more jalapenos if you so desire.

This is appetizer number one. The basic recipe mixed in the bowl.

IMG_7733.jpg

Bacon and Bacon Savor rub for making pig candy.

IMG_7725.jpg

Pig candy off the MAK.

IMG_7727.jpg

Everybody is mixed, in the bowl and ready to serve. I like a touch of Slap Ya Momma on mine.

IMG_7748.jpg

See you in Part 2.

Art

sparky

i'm coming over buddy. you got any FT in the frig. you got yourself some good looking yummy going on there. i'm happy your cooking again. :)

Top Bottom