Smokin' Again, Part 3

ACW3

This is the final part of this post.

Time to put the main course together. I bought several tri-tips a while back. I now had enough time to try this one the MAK. I started out with the glue, an espresso balsamic.

IMG_7720.jpg

I put some Money on both sides and wrapped the tri-tip in plastic wrap and back into the refrigerator overnight.

IMG_7722.jpg

In my haste to put everything together, I forgot to take any pictures while the meat was on the MAK. I had the MAK set at 250. However, I did keep an eye on the IT and pulled it when the meat was 125 in the thickest part.

IMG_7728.jpg

This is what it looked like when I sliced it. The chef’s piece while carving tasted great. Wonderful flavor and it was fairly tender, too. Money has become my wife’s favorite rub. It is not as strong to her as some of the other rubs.

IMG_7730.jpg

I finally plated my portion. From all the snacking beforehand, I limited myself to meat and tomatoes. The tomatoes had some garlic EVOO with salt, pepper, and some dried basil.

IMG_7732.jpg

For dessert I had made a cake from a recipe I copied off the Bradley Forum. It was called Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake. The first picture shows the 9x13 dish with a few pieces missing. This cake was really good. It would make a great breakfast cake with coffee in the morning.

IMG_7741.jpg

I barely had any room left, but I couldn’t resist. I had to have a small piece (with moo juice, of course).

IMG_7739.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the meal. I really had a great time making this one, from start to finish. I plan to try other confit appetizers in the future.

Art

Top Bottom