Nine butts a smokin'..

squirtthecat

Helping out a coworker. He was supposed to smoke a bunch of pulled pork for his wife's office party, but had to leave town for the weekend unexpectedly. I said I could throw 4 or 5 on the Traeger to help out.

His wife shows up in our driveway with NINE pork butts. And an ice cold case of beer. ;)

I can see why she bought so many... Some of them are puny little things.

IMGP9465.JPG

IMGP9466.JPG

I'm going to try saving the drippings from those 3 on the MAK to make a sauce with. (defat, mix back in while pulling)

Running at 250°+, so they should be done around 7 tonight. Maybe.

ACW3

STC,
With that many butts to cook, you will need to bring out the full security cat force just to protect them!! I have done the defat the drippings routine before. It is really good. I have also done that when I do a brisket. Save the juices from the foil stage, defat and "dip/paint" the slices. Good stuff!

You must have developed/earned quite a reputation for your pork butts locally. Wish I lived closer.

Art

squirtthecat

I need to put some water/beer/something in those pans here in a bit. The other reason I'm doing that, is that the MAK is my chicken/fish cooker, and I don't want it all gummed up with pork fat!

One of the 'guards' is out there now. The other 2 are asleep. ;)

squirtthecat

Late update... Been busy helping the Mrs plant a thousand pounds of geraniums.

Quick peek at Noon.

IMGP9473.JPG

IMGP9476.JPG

The lone sentry is recharging in the sun. (cats are solar powered if you didn't know)

IMGP9479.JPG

4PM

IMGP9485.JPG

4:50, these 3 are ready to come off.

IMGP9491.JPG

I finally found a pan that will fit in the bottom of the Cambro. Sort of.

IMGP9492.JPG

1-2-3 little pigs.

IMGP9498.JPG

MAK butts are looking stellar, but at 160°, they need to go in the Traeger for some turbo time.

IMGP9496.JPG

It's a pig party now!

IMGP9504.JPG

More to come later. Perhaps much later.

Top Bottom