Brine

Texana

I like to brine .... Brining has won me a lot of chicken placements ... but as far as sharing ... well not that recipe ....

On the other hand here is what I have learned about brining ...

1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup sea salt to 1 quart of water. Add your favorite rub using the same ratio .... I bring mine to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes then refrigerate. Once chilled you can brine at any time. I usually go 10 hours in my brine.

With this basic recipe you can then tweak to get the taste you are looking for. Example when I tweak I use a 5 oz jar of my favorite Texas Pepper Jelly ..... hmmm good.

Have fun and do not be afraid to experiment .....

Diva Q

Diva Q Turkey Brine

¨ 6 – 355ml cans Rock Creek Dry Cider
¨ 2 cans Apple Juice 1.2L
¨ 1 cup Kosher salt
¨ ½ cup light brown sugar
¨ 2 tbsp black peppercorns
¨ 2 tbsp all spice berries
¨ 1 gallon ice water
¨ 5 gallon bucket

Brine turkey one hour per pound of turkey. Make sure to keep it in the fridge or packed with ice. When finished brining rinse and pat dry.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Diva is our friend...regardless of what she said about us on TV....Show Biz baby! Diva's husband Vlado is a saint.

Candy Sue

I go simple:

4 tablespoons sugar (any kind)
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon of whatever rub your going to use
1 cup water
2 cups buttermilk

Makes enough to cover a chicken. Soak bird for 2 to 4 hours.

MAK DADDY

Turkey Brine

Ingredients
1 gallon of hot water
1 pound of kosher salt
2 quarts of vegetable broth
1 pound of honey
1 (7-pound) bag of ice

Directions~
Combine the hot water and the salt in a cooler or a container that will accommodate the size turkey you have.

Stir until the salt dissolves.
Stir in the vegetable broth and the honey.
Add the ice and stir.
Place the turkey in the brine, breast side up, and cover with cooler lid.
Brine overnight, up to 12 hours.
Once brined, be sure to rinse the turkey inside and out under cold, running water for a few minutes. Otherwise, the turkey meat will be too salty.

Also make sure you take all the giblets and other interior gunk out of the turkey before you dunk it in the brine!

Top Bottom