Long Beach Report!!!!! Matty and Left Coast

Big Poppa

Administrator
WOO HOO Matt....Nice RGC and first in Brisket at the Queen Mary in Long Beach...

Did you use the MAK again for the Briskey? Anything else you may want to share!

Great job...coupled with Lamar and Ray from Who's Smokin Now getting GC at sams (MAK user) New Mexico....I now say that Banning california is the new center of BBQ...forget memphis.....KC......Texas BANNING!

Matt Dalton

WOO HOO Matt....Nice RGC and first in Brisket at the Queen Mary in Long Beach...

Did you use the MAK again for the Briskey? Anything else you may want to share!

Great job...coupled with Lamar and Ray from Who's Smokin Now getting GC at sams (MAK user) New Mexico....I now say that Banning california is the new center of BBQ...forget memphis.....KC......Texas BANNING!

Yep still on the MAK..and the new rubs are money and are giving us happy endings..hah..man Sterling this event was top notch as that is the norm from Arlie..directly behind our site we had water,trash,power,grease dump and porta potties..the staff was very nice and they asked us to cook extra meat and gave that to us free..the crowd was in the thousands and I did as much interaction with the public as I could..talked to quite a few people..this event was a definition of what a comp is about!..this is what you were talking about when you said we need to be a better show..I think this event will be around for awhile.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Marty thanks for the comments re the rubs. Also can you imagine how many more fans the sport would have (it's still hard for me to call it a sport). If all the comps were this well done and the cooks engaged with the crowd?..

Matt Dalton

Exactly!!..it was just like Dana point but closer to the water and the crowd was even bigger..when I looked at the gate before they let the crowd in there was a line 4 wide and over a hundred deep..and it was 10 bucks to get in!.it just goes to show when things are promoted right this is the kind of result you get..three news channels(2,5 and 9)and at least 2 radio stations..I'm sure they will be having one next year.

TTNuge

Outstanding! Great job guys! I agree, the new rubs are impressive and hopefully they do well again next weekend!

Top Bottom