hotdogs & strawberry/rhubarb chocolate sauce

Deb

Simple Mother's Day cook......... I went to my parents for the weekend to cook for my mom, for her that is a perfect mother's day... I didn't plan well so no cook from that to post here..... had a time in mind that I wanted to leave there today, added two hours and left two hours later than that so the afternoon I had planned of cleaning the MAK, taking the dog for a walk and cooking myself a nice dinner didn't happen.... no biggie, I cook for myself all the time :). No food in the house, I said to my husband I have no idea what to cook, he said hotdogs......... hotdogs it is....

So, started dessert first - before I left my parents I picked some rhubarb - cut it up into small pieces , into a small baking dish with some vanilla sugar and put that on the top shelf of the MAK
photo-97-2.jpg

started some alexia onion rings, a little later hot dogs onto the grill grates
photo-98-2.jpg

buns on the grill, then filled with some shredded cheddar and into the warming drawer
photo-100-1.jpg

for me a hot dog needs to be natural casing, it needs to pop when you eat it and it needs to be cooked til it burst (these are borderline underdone)
photo-109.jpg

hotdog w cheese and some garlic kraut & onion rings
photo-101-1.jpg

time to finish dessert...... when I got home today I found some chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge, cut a few up....
photo-107.jpg

into the dish with the rhubarb which has nicely cooked down and made a nice syrup
photo-103.jpg

back into the mak for a few, mix it up, the chocolate & rhubarb syrup made an incredible sauce, over some vanilla frozen yogurt, it's not pretty but it is oh so good.
photo-104.jpg

Top Bottom