Mothers day rib roast

FLBentRider

Started with a 7lb rib roast
DSC_2265.jpg

Add some BP LLGS w/P
DSC_2266.jpg

On to the MAK 2 Star on SMOKE with BD Hickory.
DSC_2267.jpg

A couple of hours later
DSC_2268.jpg

We sent the mom for a nap and I took the 7 and 9 yo to Gander mountain to get a bow and use the archery range.
I stopped by the grocery store and picked up some sweet corn on the way home.

Out of FTC
DSC_2273.jpg

After a quick blast in a 500F convection oven
DSC_2274.jpg

Time to slice
DSC_2275.jpg

DSC_2276.jpg

DSC_2277.jpg

to be continued.

FLBentRider

Plating
DSC_2278.jpg

There was supposed to be a green vegetable on the plate, but a certain someone(me) forgot to pick it up at the store.
DSC_2279.jpg

For dessert, double chocolate brownie with ice cream.
DSC_2281.jpg

Yeah, we ran outta plates...
DSC_2280.jpg

I did the entire cook on the SMOKE setting on the MAK. Total cook time was about 5 hours, plus an hour of FTC and five minutes in the 500F convection oven. The resulting roast was evenly and perfectly cooked, with a nice smokey crust.

TentHunter

WOW, all I can say is I may just have to give your method a try because that is the most evenly cooked rib roast I think I've ever seen.

Nicely done!

FLBentRider

WOW, all I can say is I may just have to give your method a try because that is the most evenly cooked rib roast I think I've ever seen.

Nicely done!

Thanks. The method is just run it on smoke until you get to 5-10 degrees of you desired final IT. FTC until just before serving time, then into a 500F oven (or grill) to get the "crust" slice and serve!

ACW3

Now that is one fine looking piece of protein!!! That's all I would need on my plate. I want to save room for dessert.

Art

Top Bottom