MAK Mexican

Deb

Yesterday was a happy mom day :D Kevin was on his way home from school for the summer. I asked last week - what do you want to eat. Mexican was the choice. I can do mexican.............

First up - green chile white enchiladas........
chicken breast seasoned up with some chili powder, adobe seasoning, salt, pepper onto the MAK, some poblano & red peppers roasting above

photo-97.jpg

started some beef tacos , shaved beef, onion & garlic, chopped chipotle & adobo sauce (sauce added later)
photo-98.jpg

chicken off - shredded most for the enchiladas , kept some chunks for........

MAK mole poblano
ancho, pasilla, mulatto & chipolte
photo-102.jpg

A few more ingredients (not pictured – onions)
photo-104.jpg

Tomatoes, tomatillos & garlic roasting
photo-104-1.jpg

The final ingredient
photo-107.jpg

The MAK griddle got a workout

Getting the peppers toasty
photo-103-1.jpg

Peppers out, onions & garlic in , then the nuts , seeds, raisins & then the spices
photo-101-1.jpg

Then add the torillas & bread, then the roasted tomatoes, tomatillos & garlic
photo-100-1.jpg

Mixed up and then all inside to a stock pot, veggie broth added and simmered, chocolate added & stirred & melted (missed pics of this). I would have finished in the griddle but it wasn’t deep enough (MAKdaddy – if by any chance you look at this I need a deeper griddle for my MAK )

wait, there's more

Deb

the more.........

Enchilada filling
photo-99.jpg

Made a sauce with butter, flour, chick stock, green chiles, and lots of mont jack cheese, over the enchiladas (missed pics of this & the pan of enchiladas)

Some black beans – orange & lime zest & juice, onions, garlic, red peppers, poblano pepper
photo-100.jpg

Enchiladas in the oven, mole sitting happy, time for the beef tacos …..

Griddle time again –
photo-99-1.jpg

Dinner time……..
Green chile enchilada, shaved beef taco with roasted poblano & red pepper – avocado cream, citrusy black beans over brown basmati rice & chicken chunks with mole poblano
plated2.jpg

Enjoy

Deb

a huge thanks to Susan who helped me find ingredients - i started a message to her early yesterday morning that started grrrrr......
she went out found what I needed & delivered it to me.
Thank you!

Top Bottom