Marysville KS "Big Blue BBQ" 6/1-6/2

KimG SOW

Andy's favorite contest. Great friends and lots & lots of fun. This is also where we got our very first Grand in 2009.

This year we are happy to bring in one of our best buddies (Sean) from New York to cook against us. I believe it is his first time cooking on his own in the Midwest.

Maybe Rip will show up again and hang-out. ;)

HoDeDo

We'll see if lightning can strick 3 times!!! In the mean time I am trying to hunt down some of that single malt from last weekend!
Classes this weekend in Wichita were great, so I hope we have a great comp next weekend!

Jables

If you can't find the glenmorangie nectar d'or then try for glenmorangie 10. 94 points in the Whisky bible and it's cheaper.

Rip

Big Blue BBQ pics

As Andy and Kim already know, I did not have time to make this year's event. I did squeeze in time to fly down and shoot a few pics from the air before returning home.

Taken this morning. Marysville KS. The BBQ event lines the bike path at lower center. The classic car show lines main street.
IMG_1452e.jpg

A closeup showing the SOW trailer (I think). The classic cars line main street to the north, many with their hoods and trunks open.
IMG_1452c.jpg

Wider shot looking NE. The Marysville airport is at the top left.
IMG_1459sm.jpg

Ok, sorry, no food pics. You can see my report of last year's event here: http://www.pelletsmoking.com/competition-19/marysville-ks-big-blue-bbq-june-3rd-4th-1893/index3.html

As I post this, turns ins should be just about over. Good luck Andy and Kim!!

KimG SOW

Nice pics Rip!! And, Yes! you pegged out trailer correctly. We missed you.

It was another great year. Both girls took 2nd Place for their hamburgers and we got 3rd Overall with 4 calls. 9th chicken, 8th ribs, 8th pork and 3rd brisket.

HoDeDo

Some killer competition this weekend, and while I wanted a top 3 in ribs also, we'll take the brisket call!!! Tack on two more top 10 calls for Money!

Great pics Rip, and you nailed it, that's us! They have really changed that entire area, with the new park over the old railbed is really nice. It is about 90% done it looked like. We had built in 30 Amp power, ample room for folks to walk, and room for about 32 teams.

At the Park at the end of that trail, were the Union Pacific folks; Celebrating 150 years, and throwing a great weekend for the folks in town. Couple that with the always killer car show, and it made for a great weekend!!!

Rip

Great finish, congrats! I thought the contest site layout looked really different when I flew by, but it wasn't until I got home and looked at the pics that I realized the extent of the changes. Looks like a big improvement! I missed seeing you guys too!

Top Bottom