ladies & gentlemen, start your engines

sparky

time for some indy race breakfast.

ok, a little backround. every year growing up my dad (single dad) would yank us out of school for 2 weeks (from the time i was 5 and sister was 3, until i left the house at 16). every single year. 1 week before the indy race and 1 week after. school hated it because summer was about to start. my dad didn't care. my dad ran a fruit cannery in the summer so it was his last vacation before working 7 days a week, 18 hour days for 4 months. we would go camping on sunset state beach (in watsonville). on race day my dad would be listening to the race on the beach on a little radio. he would take a shovel and dig a pit in the sand and start some charcoal and wood up. in the sand he would make sausage, eggs and pancakes. i wil never forget it. dad, this is for you (i call him every year before the race. he was making the same breakfast up in oregon as we spoke this morning).

fired up #63 to 275°.

funstuff024.jpg

my grease bucket has grease in it.

funstuff023.jpg

vermont maple sausage. yes.....

funstuff020.jpg

funstuff027.jpg

looking good maynard.

funstuff028.jpg

done. this guy didn't make it in the house. quality check.

funstuff031.jpg

a little something, something.

funstuff033.jpg

this is the same breakfast we would eat in the sat on the beach. this is for you dad.

funstuff036.jpg

race time. eat quicker.

Last edited:

ACW3

Love it!!! Good looking breakfast and great family story. You have been burning some pellets this weekend. Keep it up. I sure wish I lived closer.

Art

Top Bottom